Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saddest movie quotes
From 5 Centimeters Per Second. One of my favorite films. It's an anime and only 45 mins long, but its good. Probably not the saddest quotes I know, but they still hold some meaning. They are better in context though.

“But he has always been looking at something far beyond, far higher than me. I could never give him what he desires. Even so, I’m sure that when tomorrow comes, or the day after, or even after that, I will still be hopelessly in love him…
I went to sleep crying that night, the only thoughts in my head being of him.”
-Kanae Sumida, 5 Centimeters Per Second

“‘Even now, I still love you’ I wrote that in a text to a woman I went out with for three years. But I’m sure that even if we had written 1,000 messages back and forth…our hearts probably wouldn’t have moved even 1 centimeter closer”
-Takaki Tohno, 5 Centimeters Per Second

Do you know the speed at which cherry blossoms fall…?
At what speed must I live...
To be able to see you again?
-Tono Tamaki, 5 Centimeters Per Second

From The Shining Miniseries after Jack temporarily comes to his senses near the end

"Danny, run away...and remember how much I love you"

wintermoon Wrote:I'm a sucker for sad movie scenes. I have no idea why, perhaps I'm just a masochist. But if anyone else out there enjoys a sad movie or scene, let's hear some of the quotes that stick with you.. Warning, here there be spoilers......

Schindler's List: "I could have saved more..."

The scene where Oskar meets with the Jewish leader and completely breaks down, sobbing that if he had just given up his car, or made a little more cash, he could have saved one or two more lives. This scene has me leaking like a faucet every single time I see it.

Requiem For A Dream: Sarah's Breakdown
This scene is one of the most depressing things in the film. The other people I could give a rat's ass about. They made the conscious choice to screw their lives up with heroin and I could care less what happens to them. Sarah is nothing more than a sweet old woman, who because of a quack doctor, succumbs to extreme speed addiction in the form of diet pills. She is the only true victim in the entire bleak film.

Forrest Gump: "I may not be smart....but I know what love is."

I'm not a huge fan of the movie (I always thought it preached a conservative lifestyle too loudly) but this simple, yet poignant line he speaks to his girlfriend, after being shat on once more by her is quite moving in its simplicity.

Anyone else have any they would like to share?
(watches requiem for a dream again), dammit you just had to make me watch that movie again and make me depressed didn't you:biggrin::frown:

jaxc Wrote:(watches requiem for a dream again), dammit you just had to make me watch that movie again and make me depressed didn't you:biggrin::frown:

Its my sacred mission in life :biggrin:

From Bambi

"Your mother can no longer be with you."

I like it in My Own Private Idaho, when River Phoenix is in love with Keanu Reeves, and they're both rent boys. River is trying to tell Keanu how he feels, and he says, "I love you and you don't pay me."