Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salary?!
I am so lost.

I've been asking for £13k for any job that comes along.
The job finder lady that I talk to says I should be asking for £15k
And some guy over the phone I just talked to said I should be looking at £18k!!

Am I asking for too little, should I put up the price to make myself look better or what?

Dont know about salaries but do know that you can underprice yourself in many matters...

Working with a fashion designer we had made THE perfect PeaCoat.

Showed it around San Francisco and got wonderful responses and the orders started coming in. Went to show Wilkes Bashford, a major independent upscale department store... the buyer was a really cool woman in the biz for decades... Took one look at the coat and was just mouth agape... asked the selling price and face dropped! She said that she would buy all we had except that she could sell the coat for triple the price we were suggesting.

Told her to go ahead, we dont care about the retail price after it leaves our hands... She asked me if we had sold the coat to anyone else in the city and I said that we had... OOPS! of course she didnt take one coat, no matter how perfect it was... We had underpriced that coat and lost an enormous account.

Did make a lot of folk happy with that coat as we did sell out... and I got one in each color/fabrication... We believe that some stylist found our coat and used it in a hollywood movie! It really looked like our coat to every detail including the minor problem Lol2

so, I guess one can underprice themselves out of anything... best of luck with the search card Remybussi

13k in my opinion is quite low. MY first full time job was just over 10k... rose to 11k after a month after I'd been trained... BUT then after another month the job also came with a house (3 bedroom semi detached - yes had two colleagues living with me - fun times!) and car (I was the only one named on the car :biggrinSmile. Add the value of that to the salary and it works out pretty nicely considering there was no real costs to shell out on except food!

My current job I started off at 20k.. now on just under 22k. (yes, the pay rises are absolute crap!! But have good benefits.. although no house and car :frown: ).

I assume you are applying for jobs where salary is negotiable.

NEVER EVER EVER start a negotiation where you want to end up. You must always leave room for compromise and still end up roughly at where you think you ought to be. That said don't start too high or they will think you have far too high an opinion of yourself.

Just my tuppence worth and, as ever, your mileage may vary...

Fred

The average you want to work for is no less than £6 p/h in retail or if u become what i do matey u get about 18k a year

kindest regards

zeon x

P.S lidl and aldi pay their staff about £9 p/h

I work for primark : ]

I have nothing else to say xo
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

I think the salary you ought to be aiming to go for depends on the type of work you're looking to do ...

... over here, for example, an office worker would be looking to START on around £20k p/a, and work their way up from there ... although given your age, people would automatically look to screw you down to about £17-18k p/a because they're sh!ts like that ...

Also, are you looking to work full-time ? Part-time ? Shifts ? How does it break down ?

To me, £13k p/a sounds on the low-side of things babe ...

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I'm looking for a full time junior website designer position.

I've bumped up my price to 15k, if that doesn't work 18k will be thrown on the table Roflmao.

The amount of money a professional firm of web-site designers can charge for their work I think £18k p/a is peanuts tbh.

... best of luck babe Confusedmile: - let us know how you get on ?

Bighug.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Hi cardy,
What would u be willing to get out of bed for per hour??? Mark that on your application form the minimum your willing to work for..

kindest regards

zeon x