Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salary?!
lol coz u can go clubbing in style with a nice fat wad of cash? Cool

Cardy,

I'm not at all suggesting that you should do what everyone else is doing. Your idea of a good night out may well be different to mine. My point is that do you want to have to spend every evening in watching TV or reading a book?

Neither am I suggesting doing a job you hate. However you are going to be employed to do what someone else wants you to do, which ain't always what you want to do, so the job needs to have its compensations. Besides which 9 to 5 is becoming less and less standard. (On the other hand when I do nights I do 7 consecutive 13 hour nights so perhaps I'm just bitter?)

Fred

P.S. Thanks for the argument Confusedmile:

fredv3b Wrote:Cardy,

I'm not at all suggesting that you should do what everyone else is doing. Your idea of a good night out may well be different to mine. My point is that do you want to have to spend every evening in watching TV or reading a book?

Neither am I suggesting doing a job you hate. However you are going to be employed to do what someone else wants you to do, which ain't always what you want to do, so the job needs to have its compensations. Besides which 9 to 5 is becoming less and less standard. (On the other hand when I do nights I do 7 consecutive 13 hour nights so perhaps I'm just bitter?)

Fred

P.S. Thanks for the argument Confusedmile:

Your being too nice to call it a argument, need to start insulting to call it a argument Luxhello.

What can you do in the evening other than drinking, I would prefer to watch TV or read a book!
But to be fair I wouldn't have a TV license just to be a pain in the arse to the BBC, theiving buggers so I would be reading in my evenings Roflmao.

I've done what everone else wants me to do for 19 years not going to be much of a change.
I think your missing out on the fact we're in a recession 9 to 5 is turning into 8AM to 10PM, know why we're in the recession because of greed for money.

CardShark Wrote:Your being too nice to call it an argument, need to start insulting to call it a argument

Thats mere abuse not an argument. An argument is a reasoned diaglogue bewteen two opposing points of view .....

[ALL HAIL MONTY PYTHON]

CardShark Wrote:What can you do in the evening other than drinking

Go to the flicks, listen to some live music (variety of genre available), nice meal in a restaurant, etc., etc

CardShark Wrote:I think your missing out on the fact we're in a recession 9 to 5 is turning into 8AM to 10PM, know why we're in the recession because of greed for money

Hours were changing well before the recession. We are in a recession because despite the claims of Mr Brown of Kirkcauldy there is sucha thing as an economic cycle, admittedly we are in one right now because of greed. Greed caused people to ignore the risks and act against their own financial self interests (everybody gets poorer in a recession), and acting on your financial self-interests is all I am suggesting you consider a little more strongly.

Having worked in Tokyo where it really is true that the nail that sticks out gets banged down hard

was so sad seeing all those saleryhumans -

"In modern use, the term carries associations of long working hours, low prestige in the corporate hierarchy, absence of significant sources of income other than salary, wage slavery, and karōshi. The term salaryman refers almost exclusively to males."

which leads to:

"Japan has one of the world's highest suicide rates amongst industrialized nations,[3] and the Japanese government says the rate for 2006 is ninth highest in the world."

A group that is rarely spoken of is the homeless by choice. These are salaryhumans that decide working for the man is the shits and they would rather be social lepers than continue building wealth for the man. Some spend all day folding peace cranes which they give away to passerbys. Really lovely work in my opinion.

Feel keeping up with the Smiths is a horrible business model for the middle class... such crap really.

fjp999 Wrote:"Japan has one of the world's highest suicide rates amongst industrialized nations,[3] and the Japanese government says the rate for 2006 is ninth highest in the world."
Quoted for the truth, taken from wikipdia?Roflmao

fjp999 Wrote:A group that is rarely spoken of is the homeless by choice. These are salaryhumans that decide working for the man is the shits and they would rather be social lepers
Homeless by choice?
I think I'd prefer to work Biggrina, unless I was in a nice country.

CardShark Wrote:Quoted for the truth, taken from wikipdia?Roflmao

Well actually, ya know what that little 3 is for??? Remybussi

3. "Asia:Japan: Guidelines to Reduce Suicide Rate" (in English), World, The New York Times (9 June 2007). Retrieved on 2008-09-20.

Homeless by choice?
I think I'd prefer to work Biggrina, unless I was in a nice country.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you are at all lucky as I have been and worked in very interesting places all my life then it is always better to work and do something ya love, money or not.

Hi all,
Cardy ur opinion shouldnt change on meeh Confusedmile: I only stated that i never give to beggers because they tend to go get a bottle of cider and become a known pest to society.. I know a couple of times ive caught them pissing up back of me car and the last time it was last december so i got a nice bucket of cold water and threw it at him despite getting a mouthful and him telling me it was freezing it soon got the message accross..
Now regarding money babes before money became a currency we were just trading on items you see man has always had the influence of money... Overtime man has learnt that money = power and power tends to become greed.. Money is the root of all evil but when you got a nice sum of money on ya li8ke after a payday the month you been saving for that special item your wanting you can go and get it and like reward yourself for the work you have done throughout the past month.. l know i couldnt live without my money...

Kindest regards

zeon x

the numbers are basically the source of that information, so you click it and it takes you to the references section where you can view thet source of the information.

zeon Wrote:Hi all,
Cardy ur opinion shouldnt change on meeh Confusedmile: I only stated that i never give to beggers because they tend to go get a bottle of cider and become a known pest to society.. I know a couple of times ive caught them pissing up back of me car and the last time it was last december so i got a nice bucket of cold water and threw it at him despite getting a mouthful and him telling me it was freezing it soon got the message accross..

I'm trying so hard not to laugh Roflmao, can always buy them a sandwich or somin.