Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salerie Raises
I've asked for a raise, not having done it before I wasn't sure what to ask for.

So I took the stance of thinking of haggling, start high etc...

Well I've asked for a 6k raise, and expecting 4k.

Did I ask for too much?
My boss said he wants me their while he can afford me, so am I still too optimistic?

Also he said for 3 months, i dunno if that makes sense to anyone else can they just give you a salary for 3 months?

does the 3 months suggest that you would be out of a job after that????

fudger Wrote:does the 3 months suggest that you would be out of a job after that????

Sounds like that doesn't it :confused:

fudger Wrote:does the 3 months suggest that you would be out of a job after that????

I'm glad it was over msn, I have a chat log :biggrin:.

It appears he put a smiley face after it, it must have been a joke.

Quote:boss: xxk? and that would be you happy?
boss:for 3 months
boss: Big Grin
me: 3 months yes
boss:ok, i will see what i can do
boss: no promises, but i want you here for as long as i can afford you Big Grin

2 x's are my salary i want obviously took it out though Big Grin

CardShark Wrote:... obviously took it out though
Obviously Rolleyes

So did I ask for too much or what?

Hopfully I'll find out today anyway, fingers crossed I need a new car & houseRoflmao.

I don't feel qualified to respond. I've never had that kind of work. When I had a proper job I was on a pay scale and in the ten years I've been self-employed people either book me or they don't. As far as one of the bands is concerned I often think that the bookings we don't get go to cheaper bands. Too bad, they get what they pay for! Serves them right.

Well there is no harm in asking for a raise but a 6k raise is a bit steep. you could be pricing yourself out of a job. most raises are only 2-3% a year. Most people at the moment are taking pay cuts to keep their jobs and keep the company afloat. you must work for a magic recession proof company or your the luckiest man alive.

fudger Wrote:Well there is no harm in asking for a raise but a 6k raise is a bit steep. you could be pricing yourself out of a job. most raises are only 2-3% a year. Most people at the moment are taking pay cuts to keep their jobs and keep the company afloat. you must work for a magic recession proof company or your the luckiest man alive.

Not really the business is fucking flying, since I joined its just gone from strength to strength.
They seem to be recession proof!!

Plus I've never tried out my skills in a job before, so I took the first salary as a okay lets see how I get on and see how much I think i should be on.

Oh well fingers crossed, he still hasn't got back to me Roflmao could be a bad thing.Roflmao

[COLOR="Purple"]The only time I asked for a raise was just after uni with my first job...

I was an assistant manager for a video store. The state paid for half my salary which was minimum wage. Thru different programs I initiated their business increased nearly 200%. After half a year on minimum wage I asked for a raise. My mouth dropped when they offered me ten cents and he must have took it the opposite my meaning asking if it was too big an offer Rofl

From then on I only worked for someone who appreciated my efforts.

Good luck with it all Cards... ya deserve the raise and they know it![/COLOR]