Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Same sex marriage allowed in UK as from midnight
southbiochem Wrote:Hey we haven't discared an open marriage yet Wink

Remember I have much chain…

Miles and Evan are well aware of my “other” side…

However, you two were the lucky ones to get the rings Wink

^ i very much know your "naughty" side :biggrin:

Arkansota Wrote:ummm... It's legal in Argentina you know

You are talking to an ignorant...he doesnt really know that :biggrin:

Evan88 Wrote:^ i very much know your "naughty" side :biggrin:

Can neither confirm nor deny that……. Wink

I have a question. since gay marriage is legal does that mean churches will be forced to carry them out or they cant since its against their faith? also what's the difference between civil partnership and gay marriage exactly?

No places of worship can opt out and the Church of England isn't allowed to do it as they follow there own law which hasn't changed. There are now 2 laws if I'm not mistaken, one which is between man and women recognised by the CoE and the other is open to all recognised by the state. It's messy in terms of law as one government spokesman said but nesscery. So happy days!! Smile

fb44 Wrote:I have a question. since gay marriage is legal does that mean churches will be forced to carry them out or they cant since its against their faith? also what's the difference between civil partnership and gay marriage exactly?

The Church of England was excluded from the law and will not undertake same sex marriages. Any church other than the C of E that refuses to undertake a marriage could presumably be sued by the civil couple. This has been the case with civil unions when Registrars have refused on the grounds of their own religious beliefs. In one case a Registrar was sacked from her job. She only had to officiate over a civil ceremony that had nothing to do with religion.

The only difference between a civil ceremony and a religious ceremony is religion. The couple's rights are the same in both cases.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams