Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Satisfying Curiosity... opinions wanted
So I'm the king of procrastination today. Which, essentially, means that I have time on my hands to sit here and let my mind wander. And, I got to thinking...

I know myself pretty well, I think, but I rarely consider how I 'come off' to others or what kind of impressions I leave with them. Maybe I'm just not wired that way.

And that got me curious, so....

Of the 3 or so months I've been here and 550+ posts I've made, what kind of impression have I made on -you- so far? What are you opinions?

Not fishing for compliments, just satisfying curiosity. Feel free to give he the good and the great but also the bad and the ugly. Smile

EDIT: Oh yeah, and feel free to expand on why you came to the impressions you did. I'd be curious about those too.

Articulate
Sensitive
Thoughtful

The first three things that came to my min in five or less seconds....

Helpful (or at least wanting to help)
Cautious (in words chosen)
Deliberate (in the direction taken)

Twisted, I do not want to say you are unemotional but your words are very direct without being all teary eyed or angrily shouting.

You are a voice of reason. And a voice of sanity.

I would also say the same of Uneunsae. You two remind me a lot of each other.

I admit to not having read all of your posts so the above is simply comments based on those posts that I have read.

And you do realize that by starting this thread, you will be required to analyze and assess each and everyone who responds. Smile

I only have one impression of you, and it isn't so much of an impression as it is an opinion. And it isn't so much about you as it is about your COA and Signature.

I like, I kind want a naturey pop out signature... hmmm

50Plus Wrote:..... you do realize that by starting this thread, you will be required to analyze and assess each and everyone who responds. Smile

I can do that. Although I suck at the 3 word thing so I'll have to go freestyle. Smile

You seem confident to me without being egotistical. Comfortable in your own skin as well as your chosen lot in life. And I do mean 'chosen' as it seems to me that you've found what works for you and -chosen- to accept that.

I admire that a lot, and I think it's rare to find. Your posts seem to have a "steadiness" to them, like a balance of stability. I'm not sure if it's maturity speaking or that sense of self which leaves that impression.

East Wrote:Articulate
Sensitive
Thoughtful

The first three things that came to my min in five or less seconds....

Thanks, man! I really like those three words. Smile

You give me an impression of being laid back and relaxed about most things and people. This doesn't mean careless, so much as that you have an air that makes it seem there's only a very few "triggers" that can really get you worked up.

Experienced and reformed, which leads to a wide knowledge base to tap into filled with useful knowledge. I don't mean just in the sex department (although there too) but also in that you've been around a LOT of people, especially gay people even... both one on one, but also in group settings (bars, clubs, etc). This means, to me, that your advice always has a very unique perspective as it's foundation.

Reading your responses, for me, is often like looking at the same thing through an entirely different perspective.... even when we completely agree on what's being said or needs to be said. Smile

Rawr Wrote:I only have one impression of you, and it isn't so much of an impression as it is an opinion. And it isn't so much about you as it is about your COA and Signature.

I like, I kind want a naturey pop out signature... hmmm

Aw, thanks! I made it myself.

I assumed as much, always nice to compliment someone on their work

I usually see your avatar and think "There's a post worth reading". You set a nice tone and I don't remember seeing you in any "fights", so that in combination with the writing skills and insight you bring, I put a high value on your posts.

I'm very shy about telling people my feelings out in the open so I'll just say that you are someone I would want to be friends with in RL and I think you're special. Smile

I would say you're wise beyond your years, and have a great deal of empathy.