Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saw an old acquaintance on dating website
Soooo, funny thing.

I have a match.com profile. DON'T JUDGE ME, I'M SAD!!! I've never actually used it. It's just, you know, for lulz. Bashing

I don't even subscribe so I can't actually contact anyone off of it. It's just kind of there, like a what-if.

But here's the funny thing (it might not be that funny), there's a guy on there with a picture who lives in the next town over. He looked kind of familiar. Sure enough, I pull out my middle school year book, and it turns out to be a guy who used to live two houses down from me. He ended up going to a different high school, but I always had a bit of crush on him when I was a teenager, even though he always came off very straight.

(I could've had a boyfriend and not spent my teenage years alone goddammit!!!! GAhAAHHHAAAhhh. If only I had some courage.)

The name he uses on Match is different than his actual name, as well is his age, unless he had skipped a few grades... no, he probably lied.

Anyway... thinking about contacting him. No real purpose here, just thought I'd spew my thoughts all over GaySpeak.

No harm in contacting him, Wade. Might as well go for it.

OrphanPip Wrote:No harm in contacting him, Wade. Might as well go for it.

Thank you. I am clearly, and with little subtlety, seeking permission for some strange reason. I always envision worst case scenarios and often end up talking myself out of things like this.

Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!

I think you'll freak him out if you do.....

ObW
X

OlderButWiser Wrote:I think you'll freak him out if you do.....

ObW
X

Really? How so? In a good way or a bad way?

ObW, do you secretly exist as the voice inside my head? Is this all a dream? Is GaySpeak some sort of brain-in-a-vat, Plato's cave-esque super reality?

So many questions!!! Speak wise one. To withhold answers is cruelty, the likes of which I cannot bear.

P.S.

While I'm at it, I'm thinking about making a sandwich. Please wise one.......... do I go with turkey or roast beef? I need to know!!!!!

OlderButWiser Wrote:I think you'll freak him out if you do.....

ObW
X

Haha well Wade freaks everyone out.

I think you should go for it, you could maybe mention him being quite familiar later on and slightly bring it up into conversation to jog his memory slightly. It's possible he doesn't even remember you. The possibilities are endless really.

Edit: Oh and Roast Beef sounds tasty right about now.

Juniorlove Wrote:Haha well Wade freaks everyone out.

I think you should go for it, you could maybe mention him being quite familiar later on and slightly bring it up into conversation to jog his memory slightly. It's possible he doesn't even remember you. The possibilities are endless really.

It's highly likely he doesn't remember me. If at all possible I'd really like to avoid being the creepy, mouth breathing guy, wide eyed and licking his lips every five seconds saying things like "hey...... remember me? Cause I remember you. *licks lips*"

I'd really like not to transfer the reputation I apparently have here over into my real life. :biggrin:

Edit: Roast Beef it is then!

Wade Wrote:It's highly likely he doesn't remember me. If at all possible I'd really like to avoid being the creepy, mouth breathing guy, wide eyed and licking his lips every five seconds saying things like "hey...... remember me? Cause I remember you. *licks lips*"

I'd really like not to transfer the reputation I apparently have here over into my real life. :biggrin:

Haha you'll be fine. I think a little chat would be okay. How are you going to contact him though if you aren't subscribed on Match.com? Wouldn't it be weirder if you contacted him elsewhere with his real name and was like "HEY I SAW YOU ON MATCH.COM HOW RU?" haha

mmm roast beef *licks lips*