Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saw an old acquaintance on dating website
I don't see how someone contacting someone else on a dating website is likely to freak someone out unless you do it in a really creepy way. People contact old acquaintances through facebook all the time, it isn't much different in this situation. Although, I probably wouldn't start with the information that you always had a crush on them. A better approach would be to ask them to go out for coffee and reconnect.

KawaiiKitty Wrote:mmm roast beef *licks lips*

That's exactly what I did when I opened the fridge, then the roast beef looked at me and all like "dude, seriously? That's really creepy. For love of Shiva, can you please just put me in you and get it over with?"

And then I was all like "Ohhhhhh, now who's being creepy? Don't even act like you didn't know that was suggestive. I know what you're trying to do, roast beef. Well, not tonight! You hear me? I'm a man! I can make my own decisions."

And as my words reverberated around the dark empty kitchen, the refrigerator light illuminating my tear stained face, I stared at the small pile of pinkish glistening meat, and for the first time in my life I felt truly at peace.

OrphanPip Wrote:I don't see how someone contacting someone else on a dating website is likely to freak someone out unless you do it in a really creepy way. People contact old acquaintances through facebook all the time, it isn't much different in this situation. Although, I probably wouldn't start with the information that you always had a crush on them. A better approach would be to ask them to go out for coffee and reconnect.

That is very good advice. I think I may just give it a go. Thank you.

Well, for me, there's no question to ask! Go ahead! You've nothing to lose. Wink
Why don't you contact him on this website like : "hello, it's a coincidence finding you on this web site, do you remember me?" Well something like that, meaning more or less the same thing, maybe turned in a less ridiculous way but keeping that idea.
That's probably what I would have done if I were more vaillant. :biggrin:

Well as you posted this 12 hours ago, i may be too late and you have eaten that small pile of glistening pink meat, i mean you have contacted him already? Or do thy still muse? I dont see no harm revealing yourself, if it was me, id probably just blurt everything out, if its the simple truth, he will see that, why-you havent been actively searching him out, you dont have to be the heavy breathing googly-eyed guy just by telling him straight of the bat, then your on level playing field, alternitivly this guy also had a crush on you, and he will jizz his knickers the moment he heres you. That is my sincerest wish...

Contact him if you like what you see in his profile. Don't allow 'old teenage' crush to guide you on this. You are technically no longer a teenager, but old elves and men will undoubtedly think of you as such Wink

Good luck

Thank you all for the advice. I will certainly take it into consideration.

Wade Wrote:Roast Beef it is then!

Should of gone with the turkey Shakin

ObW
X

I think you should just contact him and say you liked his profile on Match, you live nearby and would you like to meet for coffee. Don't even tell him you were neighbors. That can just be a big surprise when you meet.

When I was single, I loved Match.com. I don't think there is anything to be ashamed of. It's a serious dating website and for the most part, most of the members are serious about dating.

You have my complete support in contacting this person, but I must admit I have one reservation.

Why would anyone in their 20s lie about their age? When I was 43 I met a guy who claimed to be 23 or 24, I can't remember. Later I learned he was 26...

Seriously? I mean, when he told me the truth, he explained his "reason" but I was just like, whatever!

Great guy, super smart and cute. But honesty is the best policy.

Good luck. Let us know what happens.
Smile

did you do it didju do it?