Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scared of meeting a guy on a date
Fat is one of those few things one can change about themselves. If I felt that I was fat and thought it was an issue toward finding a mate, I would have worked on that well before placing myself on the meat market.

I have to wonder if you are not in some manner setting yourself up for failure here.

I would also assume you two have swapped photos so he already knows.. or did you send a photo of yourself from several years ago when you were more slender?

How do it go?

ExpatBrit77 Wrote:How do it go?

I think the guy that I might be meeting tomorrow is a cub lover, so does this mean this whole thing is just sex or does this guy want more?

oh dear, I think I'm classed as a cub by some gay guys, hmmmm little worried about that term really lol!

This isnt a blind date though as I know what he looks like, though he isnt being that forthright about him self.

Online dating can work as a good starting point, but it needs to move beyond that at some point. The rule of attraction online vary greatly from in person. You would never ask a person on a date if he is a top or a bottom, yet it is in bold in many profiles online! Where as in person you can tell a great deal about a person based on looks and interaction, all of which are lost online.

Do yourself the favor and go on the date. Make it somewhere public like a Starbucks or a place for a light dinner, basically somewhere you can sit and talk. Meanwhile you should appreciate your insecurities. We all have them. Some people get hung up on them, which can be unfortunate, but other people use them as a means to learn and grow. As you get older they help keep you more focused on personality anyway, which ultimately means so much more. You want a guy who is into you and who likes you for you, and not for the abs that will disappear with age or for the good looks that will wear with the years.

Well I'm waiting for his call at the moment, little scary though.

We are all waiting to hear how it went!

Well he called and that was that. Not sure he like the way I talked, so not overly sure how this is going to go.

Part of having a good time is doing it in a healthy way. I've met one date on line and we had some good clean fun. If it works out you'll have more of the experience you want and need, and may give you incentive to do something together you both are interested in. Sex is only one reason to date.

I feel like this thread could potentially become a drama story thread of everyone's perils of online dating!

Meeting someone online is easy, but making that transition from online to in person poses many issues. In some cases you start to like the person based on your conversations online but after meeting you realize that you two do not click. That is why I dislike putting off meeting. And let's face it: some guys have no intention of meeting; they love the potential to meet and the occasional conversation, but they truly do not want to meet. You need to learn this and need to accept that for some people, you just need to let them go. So this guy you are talking about, he didn't like the conversation on the phone? Then move on. And you are doing the right thing. You are talking online and if you click you move it to phone and then you plan to meet.