Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scented candles. Are you poisoning your home?
Our business is making scented products. Don't believe the article! It's all lies! Buy things from us instead!!!!

LIES I TELL YOU, LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps there is a blessing to my lack of a good nose. I am thinking it is because of lifelong sinus problems and some surgery a while back. At any rate, I am not good at scents. Thus I have never gone in much for scented candles or even colognes.

I do enjoy beeswax candles, though. I get an occasional whiff of the wax and it is wonderful.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:Perhaps there is a blessing to my lack of a good nose. I am thinking it is because of lifelong sinus problems and some surgery a while back. At any rate, I am not good at scents. Thus I have never gone in much for scented candles or even colognes.

I do enjoy beeswax candles, though. I get an occasional whiff of the wax and it is wonderful.

Nothing quite like the scent of fresh, not stale, sweat on a man!
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Insertnamehere Wrote:in the same fashion as the hydrogen sulfur you fart on a daily basis (also toxic, eh?)

What about Queefing?

Anocxu Wrote:What about Queefing?

That's a physical occurrence that has nothing to do with the chemical composition of the gas being pressurized.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

But I love scented candles Sad

Insertnamehere Wrote:That's a physical occurrence that has nothing to do with the chemical composition of the gas being pressurized.
I see..

Would Queefing and Farting simultaneously be dangerous to an innocent bystander?..
Or..
In other words..
Is a hormonal female at a Mexican restaurant a public threat?

Anocxu Wrote:I see..

Would Queefing and Farting simultaneously be dangerous to an innocent bystander?..
Or..
In other words..
Is a hormonal female at a Mexican restaurant a public threat?

You didn't get what I said.

Hydrogen sulfur is quite toxic in decent amounts, like formaldehyde, but you know, gasses tend to disperse into the atmosphere in a properly ventilated environment. Unless it's a really confined room and it's a gass more dense than air (let's say, carbon monoxide) all should be good.

The amount of formaldehyde that you'd get from limonene decomposition should be comparable to the amount of hydrogen sulfur from farts...i.e: negligible.

If there was any appreciable level of those compunds you'd be dead.

Insertnamehere Wrote:You didn't get what I said.

Hydrogen sulfur is quite toxic in decent amounts, like formaldehyde, but you know, gasses tend to disperse into the atmosphere in a properly ventilated environment. Unless it's a really confined room and it's a gass more dense than air (let's say, carbon monoxide) all should be good.

The amount of formaldehyde that you'd get from limonene decomposition should be comparable to the amount of hydrogen sulfur from farts...i.e: negligible.

If there was any appreciable level of those compunds you'd be dead.
Gas x in volume x = deadly
^^^
Ok.. I'm learning. .

So..
How many combined (average) farts and queefs would it take to to kill someone in a room 10 ft long 8 feet wide and 9 feet tall?

Anocxu Wrote:Gas x in volume x = deadly
^^^
Ok.. I'm learning. .

So..
How many combined (average) farts and queefs would it take to to kill someone in a room 10 ft long 8 feet wide and 9 feet tall?

At 1% (v/v) H2S per fart?

Way too much methinks and a confined room.

You know, you remind me of a physicochemistry exam I had in my sophomore year, there was (true story) a question that asked you how long did it take a chemical plant worker to die from cyanide poisoning considering a leak of I don't remember how many mL/min
lol