Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schools and gay culture
There's loads of channel 4 programs on gay culture in the morning :biggrin:, mostly aboout coming out its a nice change Smile.

But anyway one of the programs brought up coming out at school, when he spoke to the kids individually they didn't mind about the gay lifestyle but behind closed doors we all know its a extreemly homophobic place.

But really should people be pushed to come out at school, from my experience even the people I was some what friends with took the piss out of me.
The really femenin guy had it bad, people constantly taking the piss out of his femenin voice and the fact hes gay, but he never actually came out.

Should kids be encouraged to coming out?
is it going to make their life easier?

Who really cares what sexuality you are.

Should straight kids come out and say they are straight too lol??

sweetlad86 Wrote:Who really cares what sexuality you are.

Should straight kids come out and say they are straight too lol??

Yes.Twak

The only way coming out will ever be any easier is when the world can accept homosexuality without judgement and bias... in other words, never.

Even if every gay student just admitted it and came out all at the same time in a unified declaration, it would still cause people to pick on them, bully them, and ultimately degrade them.

It falls into the hands of the parents and teachers to educate children that homosexuality is a normal, healthy orientation and not one that should be seen as a joke or unnatural.

XRIMO Wrote:The only way coming out will ever be any easier is when the world can accept homosexuality without judgement and bias... in other words, never.

Even if every gay student just admitted it and came out all at the same time in a unified declaration, it would still cause people to pick on them, bully them, and ultimately degrade them.

It falls into the hands of the parents and teachers to educate children that homosexuality is a normal, healthy orientation and not one that should be seen as a joke or unnatural.

To be fair you get bulied for anything at schoolRoflmao I got bullied for wearing pants for a good few months!!

I think homosexuality is accepted, but people dont understand it shouldn't be a source for jokes.

Doesn't really matter how much you educate people, there still going to bully you, as humans well always attack what they think is a weaker person, remember we're animals to. I got bullied from the first day to the last day at school, and still get people bullying me now in the street and even when I was working last year.

XRIMO Wrote:The only way coming out will ever be any easier is when the world can accept homosexuality without judgement and bias... in other words, never.

*Shadow applauds XRIMO*

Fair play babe that's a very well-worded, and well thought-out post Confusedmile:.

xxx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Hi All,
Coming out in schools is a hard thing to do and unless every parent teaches their child right from wrong which wont ever happen life will cease to be peaceful prejudice thrives in us all..

kindest regards

zeon x

Why should you need to come out in the first place?

Why cant you just be your self, isn't coming out is just a label?

sweetlad86 Wrote:Why should you need to come out in the first place?

Why cant you just be your self, isn't coming out is just a label?

Hi Sweet,
I came out to my family because i couldnt cope with the pressure and figured if i be honest with them they will show me whether they hate it or like it..
Plus as i go through life i wont need to worry about questions as to why i have a same sex partner and not a oppisite partner. I have found however coming out makes you feel more confident within yourself

Kindest regards

zeon x