Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scientology Personality Tests
So the church of scientology in Auckland keeps sending advertisements for its free personality tests, and I did a bit of research on it and it sort of looks interesting...
I think I'll go do it during the summer holidays, even though it's not a scientifically recognised examination, I'm still curious about it. I've heard many rumours about this church but I've seen very sparse concrete factual evidence, so at the very least it might be a glimpse into this religion that'll help me understand it a bit more.

The only thing is... I don't want to give any personal details, I never feel particularly comfortable giving details to unfamiliar religious organisations because I'm still not comfortable with the idea of faith or commitment. Would it be rude to give false details?

Have any of you taken it? Do you know if it's worth taking it? What results did you get?

It's not a religion, it's a cult.

dfiant Wrote:It's not a religion, it's a cult.

^ What this wise one said.

You're too young to be wasting your time with theism.

Spend your time testing scientific hypothesis' or the other vast branches of factual science that can actually do some good in this world.

Unless, of course, you're merely interested in scoping out it's literary principles for the sake of appreciation.

Lilitu Wrote:So the church of scientology in Auckland keeps sending advertisements for its free personality tests, and I did a bit of research on it and it sort of looks interesting...
I think I'll go do it during the summer holidays, even though it's not a scientifically recognised examination, I'm still curious about it. I've heard many rumours about this church but I've seen very sparse concrete factual evidence, so at the very least it might be a glimpse into this religion that'll help me understand it a bit more.

The only thing is... I don't want to give any personal details, I never feel particularly comfortable giving details to unfamiliar religious organisations because I'm still not comfortable with the idea of faith or commitment. Would it be rude to give false details?

Have any of you taken it? Do you know if it's worth taking it? What results did you get?

If you can't find much about this so called religion it's because it's kept very secret... The more secretive, the less dependable it can be. Highly controlling, I think, of minds and especially wallets. I'm not sure you want to go down that route.

its a N American cult that we are not proud of. they mainly want to recruit your money.

What did they do to attain their infamous reputation? Are they known to be money grubbing?

Lol also

Dreamer Wrote:You're too young to be wasting your time with theism.

Spend your time testing scientific hypothesis' or the other vast branches of factual science that can actually do some good in this world.

Unless, of course, you're merely interested in scoping out it's literary principles for the sake of appreciation.

I don't do science anymore Tongue I gave up because Physics made me sad and angry... But yes I sort of do want to just go and see what this new age religion is about. All I know so far is it has its own branch of questionable psychology/neuroscience called dianetics and the rumours.

Primary source evidence!

new age, old age, neither are correct...Scientology is NOT a religion, it's a secretive Cult that 'recruits' elitists rather than remain open and accessable to all like a real religions like christianity with no obligation other than to believe and have faith.

Scientology will not see this century out, so how about researching something ancient like Budhism that actually embraces all religions Wink

Yeah, Scientology, not worth your spark, Lilitu...

dfiant Wrote:new age, old age, neither are correct...Scientology is NOT a religion, it's a secretive Cult that 'recruits' elitists rather than remain open and accessable to all like a real religions like christianity with no obligation other than to believe and have faith.

Scientology will not see this century out, so how about researching something ancient like Budhism that actually embraces all religions Wink

Ooh my cousin recently became a Tibetan Buddhist. He seemed like such an interesting person (also I suspect he's a bit gay) I wish I could understand him though, his mandarin goes right over my head.

Still I just wanted to find out what all the fuss about the cult or church or wahtever was. But then again curiosity killed the cat Smile