Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scientology Personality Tests
Quote:his mandarin goes right over my head.

That would be even a more worthy thing to study

Lilitu Wrote:What did they do to attain their infamous reputation? Are they known to be money grubbing?

Aren't all cults.. I mean faith-based organizations known to be solicitors of one's hard earned money?

Lilitu Wrote:I don't do science anymore Tongue I gave up because Physics made me sad and angry...

The same reason I gave up religion Wink because the lies and deception made me sad and angry...

Lilitu Wrote:But yes I sort of do want to just go and see what this new age religion is about. All I know so far is it has its own branch of questionable psychology/neuroscience called dianetics and the rumours.

Primary source evidence!

Good luck with curing your curiosity.

Let us know of anything you discover damning or frivolous that already isn't in the public context of Scientology.

When you're finished with that, dive into Mormonism! They're a hoot!Spiny

Hi, Marshlander here. PA left this on his desktop and the subject caught my eye, so I'm crashing into this conversation.

I would endorse everything above in relation to Scientology. It is a very shady outfit and employs enforcers to track down and harrass the disaffected, which you would inevitably become once this so-called "church" had emptied your bank account.

My brother and I took their so-called "personality test" many years ago and something interesting happened. We sat at separate tables in their centre in London and ploughed through pages of multiple response questions. Some hours later we returned to get the results. They spoke to me and told me things about myself I did not recognise. I disputed their findings and they bid me good day. My brother, on the other hand, agreed with a lot of their "findings". He was invited to come back to undertake further work on sorting out his life. This would have been where he would begin to part with money. We discussed it and came to the same conclusion. They were going to suck in the more bidable, who would be easier to part from their money. It doesn't end with the personality test. There is a hierarchy and one is expected to go through various courses to progress up the ladder. I would imagine that an expectation to give as much time to the cause as possible is also a contributory factor to keeping you in the cult.

I hope you can get this You Tube video of BBC reporter, John Sweeney's investigation.

Please, Lilitu, do a lot more research before you go down such a route. A few steps along that path and in a few years time you will wonder where your life has gone.

As to Dreamer's suggestion to explore Mormonism, I hope that is a joke. I was brought up in that cult and do not recommend it ... specially to anyone who's gay. It has taken me years to get over my Mormon upbringing. There may still be a lot of my rants in the vaults on this site, from when I was a regular contributor, so I shan't repeat myself now.

I'm just wondering why you feel a need to take on someone else's view of the world. The world is a beautiful place without needing to submit to the greedy and the power-hungry who run these disgusting cults.

Best wishes to you.

It's always a mistake to take a personality test. I took one once and failed.

You gave up physics? So gravity doesn't hold you on the earth anymore, you don't stop when you collide with solid objects? Unlike scientology physics is there and working whether you believe or not, what's more it's free. That you found the former difficult to study and are attracted to the latter says much about you that will have the crooks who run scientology positively salivating.

It'll help if you grew up in a poor household, at least that way you'll have had a chance to get used to it.

Lilitu Wrote:I gave up because Physics made me sad and angry

How did it make you sad & angry? :confused:

i hear they compared to the average religion money hungry.
they are a new age religion; a blend of planets and space ships kinda thing.

Lilitu just google Scientology scam and you will find lots of info about them. I would keep away from them because once you let them in, you will never get rid of them...

lizzielee Wrote:... keep away from them because once you let them in, you will never get rid of them...
this is so true.

Quote:Hi, Marshlander here.

It's nice to hear from you mate, I hope you are keeping wellBighug

Okay I hope you realise I'm not actually intending to have anything to do with that church o.o hence I asked if it woud be rude to give tem false information.

I just kept receiving ads, and wanted to see if they really were manipulative and evil, because even though everyone keeps telling me rumours, it was all still just rumour, and there was too many conflicting reports.

I guess it's just kiwi culture to not take anything seriously Tongue