Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scientology- This religion is scary
Scientologists are not evil, but the Church of Scientology has some serious conduct issues. Check this out. It's extremely fascinating.

Give me a summery. I hate watching TV/movies or even sound bytes.

Scientology is not a religion, it is a cult and those promoting it are deluded loonies.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

The Church of Scientology stalks a man who wants to make a documentary about it

When will they learn? Jediism is the one true religion.

Scientology is as mad as a sack of spanners!

This link can explain it far better than I can. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenu but in simplified terms, Something like 75 Million years ago, Xenu, the head of a galactic federation of planets including Earth captured millions of people from the over populated galaxy and took them by force to Earth in a DC8 type space craft where he imprisoned them around volcanoes and murdered them with nuclear weapons. The memories and feelings of resentment and vengeance of these murdered aliens account for the bad things that people do.

Scientology was founded by Lafayette Ronald Hubbard (L Ron Hubbard) who was a writer of pulp fiction, fantasy and science fiction. He later devised a self-help system known as Dianetics, a set of ideas and practices regarding the metaphysical relationship between the mind and body. Dianetics has never been recognised as anything other than a Pseudo-science.

Dianetics divides the mind into three parts: the conscious analytical mind, the subconscious reactive mind, and the somatic mind. The goal of Dianetics is to remove the "reactive mind", which Scientologists believe prevents people from becoming more ethical, more aware, happier and saner.

The Dianetics procedure to achieve this is called "auditing". Auditing is a process whereby a series of questions are asked by the Scientology auditor, in an attempt to rid the auditee of the painful experiences of the past which Scientologists believe to be the cause of the reactive mind.

As I said, it's as mad as bat crap!

Scientology is messed up. I actually did an essay on it last year in Religion class and was going to get a guided tour at one of their churches. One day before our planned date, however, I got a message saying the tour was cancelled.

The whiny little skeptical bitch inside of me can't help but wonder how implausible their faith really is compared to other religions though...

Arkansota Wrote:Scientologists are not evil, but the Church of Scientology has some serious conduct issues. Check this out. It's extremely fascinating.

They harass their own people, they spread lies, they have no respect for privacy. That sounds evil to me.

I did a research paper on cults in college and Scientology was one if the groups I chose to research. How anyone could believe this garbage is beyond me. And yes, I know all religions have theories and ideas that one simply has to "believe on faith in" but seriously, the whole concept of Scientology reads like a sci-fi novel. Which in a way makes sense seeing as the founder of Scientology was a sci-fi author.

I suppose all religions harass their believers, whether it is no bacon sarnies through to wear a comb in your hair to not shaving to praying 6 times a day or some other silly rubbish. Oh yeah, gotta hate gays too. It gives the clerics/priests/imams or whatever something important to do, justify their salary.