Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scientology!
CCRox Wrote:The disgusting part for me is that I liked some of the famous people who came to follow Scientology and those that left after a time still have my love and respect. I guess I'm mourning the loss of my fantasy for Tom Cruise. Now he's just an artist whose work I can admire if I so choose. MUCH different from the lustful affection I once entertained for him. Sad

Absolutely.

I still love Tom, he's a brilliant actor but his private life (incl. his support of scientology) is not exactly inspirational.

And if he truly believes in scientology, he isn't helping them much: his public statements on the subject have always been foolish and aggressive.

Oh scientology is not a religion.

Religion is far more organized, detrimental and dangeorus.

In religion the construct is much more elaborated.

Usually there is a historical figure linking the believer to the deity. Abraham, JC, Muhammad, etc. Which gives the faith a validity in the eyes of the beleiver.

Scientology is just....a cult dedicated to a bunch of crap dedicated to scam people who fall for it, created by a guy who was waaaaaaaay too much into his own science fiction stories.

Honestly...Xenu? I find JC much more feasible as a divine figure.

Cults are not harmless. Like all cults they be brainwashing people. That's it.

Go France/Belgium/Chile on this one and call it a cult

Or better yet, go Switzerland on this one and call it a business.

partis Wrote:I dont care if its harmless or if they dont hurt anyone, its a diabolical lie, it makes me feel queezy

But they DO hurt people, and are FAR from harmless. ANY "religion" that has power over people and their minds is EXTREMELY dangerous!!!

I have read a few articles about people in the past who "got out" of the religion and were harassed and even threatened because they left. This is a CULT. They follow cult standards and cult ideologies. Cults threaten people when they leave.......standard religions do not.

Scientology is not so different from many other religions. Is only more 'fashion' than others and in some way good 'for rich people'. Scientology is like going to the best party when you're at the college. But there are more (more!) powerful and (more!) dangerous religions, out there...

Scientology is criticized only cause is a 'recent and young' religion, so its mafia is not into country governments, the culture (ignorance) of generations of people etc... So many people treats Scientology like something weird and stupid...