Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scotch
So I thought I knew what Scotch tasted like, I was all tied to MacAllans, I just tried Laphroaig, and it is SO different, it should be a different drink. They're both great, I just can't see hoqw they are considered the same drink.
Richard

Quite the variety out there.
I enjoy Scotch.
But I tried one that was described as "smokey", but it really tasted more like an ashtray if you ask me. Not my cup of tea.

Usually my normal poison is Bushmills or Crown Royal.

They're not the same drink. Scotch Single Malts are either Islay, Other Islands & East Coast, Lowland, Highland or Speyside. I'm a Speyside man myself, I particularly recommend Glen Farclas, but I not sure how much they export.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

ardus Wrote:So I thought I knew what Scotch tasted like, I was all tied to MacAllans, I just tried Laphroaig, and it is SO different, it should be a different drink. They're both great, I just can't see hoqw they are considered the same drink.
Richard

Glad you tried Laphroaig it's a fine distinct single malt whisky. Pricey but worth every penny. The taste of the peat is just unbelievable.

fredv3b Wrote:They're not the same drink. Scotch Single Malts are either Islay, Other Islands & East Coast, Lowland, Highland or Speyside. I'm a Speyside man myself, I particularly recommend Glen Farclas, but I not sure how much they export.

Fred your a man with good taste..

Respect

I'll stick to Johnnie Walker :p

I have to say I'm very impressed with how strong and distinct the flavor is compared to other Scotch Whiskeys I've had.
Richard

A store in Denver CO, the gay ghetto, has thehttp://http://www.argonautliquor.com/r/brand/laphroaig Lapgroait

fredv3b Wrote:They're not the same drink. Scotch Single Malts are either Islay, Other Islands & East Coast, Lowland, Highland or Speyside. I'm a Speyside man myself, I particularly recommend Glen Farclas, but I not sure how much they export.

Please forgive me. That should have been other islands and west coast. I apologise for the most atrocious error in geography!

Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:Please forgive me. That should have been other islands and west coast. I apologise for the most atrocious error in geography!Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]
And I never noticed shame on me too...! [/COLOR][/SIZE]