Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screwed up tax laws.............
Marvinteck Wrote:... If you arent insured by 2013 the government is planning on fining people $700 per year that they arent covered by insurance. ...
Thanks for clearing that up. I had not heard of that aspect of the changes and can appreciate your concern now.

Marvinteck Wrote:Social security will be bankrupt by the time I am of age to retire. There is two things guaranteed in life, they are death and taxes. I am not against taxes or government. I just grow angry and concerned when said government is reckless with tax dollars furthering the tax burden on tax payers. One more thing that ticks me off to no end is when they dont listen to the people who elected them into office. They are more concerned about taking care of fat cat lobbyist and looking out for there best interest like who gave them the most money for there election campaign. I agree I couldve been born into a third world country and been worst off than I am now. On the same note though things could be a whole lot better here in the states if the government would get its head out of its ass and started listening to the electorate instead of looking out for its best interest.

I'm going to have to agree in broad terms with all that. We night disagree on which bit of the electorate governments ought to listen to, they don't speak with one voice.

I'll take issue with one other point you make. I'd like to offer you some hope; perhaps social security won't be bankrupt by the time you retire! In the words of Robert Louis Stevenson, "It is better to travel in hope than to arrive".

fredv3b Wrote:What happens if you go to the ER and can't/don't pay?
From the little i know.
The doctors have to stabilise your condition, then boot you out as soon as possible. But i'm not 100% sure.

And from what i just read.
They can arrange a pay method you can afford.(So much a month)
They can write it off as "charity" or "noncollectable".
Or they can sue you.
And aparently there are some hospitals that don't charge.(I think they're called charity hospitals) But these are rare.
Though i just read this off the internet so...:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

In order to get the health care legislation rolling which was a campaign promise Obama and the Dems had to forgo the PUBLIC OPTION because the Republicans said NO to everything. Their pundits started lying to the people about death panels and other nonsense designed to put fear into people because they basically represent large corporations who would rather pay zero health care costs so their shareholders will get more money. Viva Capitalism...or maybe not.

Obama and the Dems in an effort to keep their promise at ANY cost did so with the forced insurance and no public option...they were able to pass it because they promised to amend it in the future and cited the bill as passed would be a cornerstone and starting place.