Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Secret is out: Prince Harry is in Iraq
Dan1089 Wrote:Does anyone know when is the UK going to pull out of Afghanistan/Iraq?

No one knows Dan, the prime minister recently said he is not sending more troops now but i am not sure. They have them there for the next 10 years. As long ''the suckers pay taxes'' wont care. and if it gets more difficult they will raise the student fees to the moon...problem solved. Yehaa!

spotysocks Wrote:No one knows Dan, the prime minister recently said he is not sending more troops now but i am not sure. They have them there for the next 10 years. As long ''the suckers pay taxes'' wont care. and if it gets more difficult they will raise the student fees to the moon...problem solved. Yehaa!

and the students could get round that .... move to Scotland! :biggrin:

Now Scotland will be overpopulated by students. How much do the students pay there by the way?

I always loved Scotland tbh... the people , the beautiful mountains rivers lakes ect... if only it was not that cold.

spotysocks Wrote:No one knows Dan, the prime minister recently said he is not sending more troops now but i am not sure. They have them there for the next 10 years. As long ''the suckers pay taxes'' wont care. and if it gets more difficult they will raise the student fees to the moon...problem solved. Yehaa!

Im safe. Wales pay a percentage of mine, so if it was raised the welsh national assembally will cover the increase :biggrin:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

See... everyone has thought of their options and made their arrangements hehe!

spotysocks Wrote:Now Scotland will be overpopulated by students. How much do the students pay there by the way?

Dunno about accommodation and stuff... but tuition fees are all paid for by Gov't. Did ya not watch the England vs Scotland debate on the Tonight programme last week?? Going off topic a bit (of this already off topic convo in the thread lol)... but it was about giving the people of Berwick-Upon-Tweed a vote as whether they'd like to carry on being part of England, or have the border moved so they became part of Scotland again. Seeing as I was in Berwick at the time... watched it... my Grandad knows the woman who was campaigning for the stay in England vote too lol. She lost the vote tho as people said they'd prefer to move the borders and become part of Scotland... free prescriptions, free tuition etc.
The vote was only cast as part of the programme... so no worries about the borders moving yet! But it does seem that Scots get it better on a lot of things.

I was lucky really... got my fees paid by Gov't too after being means tested. Plenty of others had to use their loans to pay theirs.. and then find money for accommodation and living on top.

Please don't let your anti-Iraq rhetoric cloud your judgment of Afghanistan.

Afghanistan is a noble and worthy cause for military intervention, as this is where the War on Terror needed to take place, this is where the Taliban and Al Queda hotbeds are.

The U.K. Conservatives would be smart to say something like they'd pull out all the British troops out of Iraq and put those numbers in a boosted effort in Afghanistan.

Not really changing the troop numbers of people deployed, but transferring all the effort to Afghanistan - a more popular and internationally accepted war.