Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Secret to lasting, blissful successful marriage or relationship
My partner and I have spent 24 hours a day, 362 days a year together since 1982.

Forgiveness is everything. You have to forgive one another everything from leaving your shoes where they can be tripped over...to forgetting to tell you something that you decide is of such critical importance that the world should have ended because they forgot.....to snoring in their ear and stealing blankets....to keeping them waiting for an hour because your meeting ran late...to just having a knock-down 'Fuck you!'...'No FUCK YOU!' exchange because you are both exhausted and coming sown with a cold........and you do this year after year...because in the end...it is all small stuff and you don't sweat the small stuff.

In exchange, you get a soul-mate who knows you completely...who makes the perfect traveling companion...who loves you and your family not in spite of all your faults...but because of them.

One of the things I highly recommend for all couples is to embark on shared projects...use your collective energy to help change the world.

One strong point I really like the best is us being a "team."
There's no such thing as only one of us having a problem. Any problem is "ours." It's become automatic that we work together to through anything... and that really really gives us a wild mushy feeling.

TRUST No secrets. being completely honest and open with each other
It took time to get to where we are with that now. It doesn't ever happen at at once. If I ever get in a thing where I'm thinking about cheating on him, since he's the guy I trust more than all other people on earth he will be the first one I go to to talk about anything, even wanting to cheat.

The relationship is the boss. We just work for the relationship. This takes egos out of many things for us. He might want to go to a movie. I might want to stay home and watch TV. We settle that real quick by discussing what the relationship wants and needs. We both sacrifice what we personally want to do in order to do things that keep the relationship happy. This always is a positive experience.

Fun, adventures, challenges, and SEX
Keeping it fun and exciting to be in a relationship is a big plus.. working together on adventures and challenges is great... sex... if you think sex is just an event that's done naked and takes less than 30 minutes you're missing out on all the play leading up to it...

Don't grab your luggage and leave the relationship when your mad at your partner. Take some time to cool down,,, and then patch things up.

Don't let money problems tear you apart. Make it a habit to save a little money each month to use for emergencies.

Do something everyday that will let your partner know that you love him. A simple good morning kiss will suffice. Or a hug........

Don't make sex or physical attributes,, the corner stone of your relationship. Both will fade over time.

Be proud of your partners achievements,, even if they are simple. Give him a pat on the back to let him know you appreciate him.

Your relationship comes first,,, family comes second,,, and friends come last. Prioritize.
We Have Elvis !!