Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Security for users of WhatsApp
https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/...434e9c66c7
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I only read the article until the first person quoted turned out to be the CEO of the competition.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

I never really used WhatsApp and none of my friends use it either so I guess it is popular elsewhere?
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I use it all the time. To be honest it is all I message people on and what people message me on. As the article states, it has literally become an SMS replacement for me. Fairly common sense stuff in the article in regards to precautions, with any online account it pays to be cautious, but I'm not really worried. Never had an issue and I have probably used it for about 5 years.

@Cridders88 I have never had any trouble either, and I have used it ever since I got a compatible phone in 2011. Although I uninstalled it recently, it was the only App I could use to message the guys I used to date or hookup with, without preying eyes.

@InbetweenDreams WhatsApp was the most popular messaging App in the Middle East, because it was free to install, avoiding most people from paying extra fees with every SMS or one-minute call.

Best advice is not to use apps like this.