Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
See Ya
These past two days on this forum has made me realize that I too need to leave this forum, like so many other members that are jumping ship today.

After a member of this forum has sought me out and personally attacked me not once, not twice, not three times, FOUR times, both in and outside of this forum, I have decided that I am no longer welcome here. And while I reported this user, and contacted the administration twice to resolve this issue, nothing has been done, and they even let this member off the hook.

I this member is happy, because they too are contributing to this bad vibe that are pushing so many people away.

On a different note, I thank all that I was able to participate in a constructive conversation with. You all have been supportive with my books, and I hope you all will stay in touch. You can add me on www.facebook.com/tylercookbooks, www.twitter.com/tylercook4 or www.instagram.com/tylercook4.

See ya!

Hmmm... well... I'm sorry someone has been harassing you. Everyone needs to do what feels comfortable and safe for them.

OTOH, if we let the trolls rule the place, then thats the end of GS. Not sure how we (forum participants without mod privileges) can make things better BUT... I've seen forums go through this kind of thing. Sometimes it just takes a while for things to settle down again. If you need to leave, I'm sorry to hear it. I've enjoyed your contributions. Perhaps you can just not check in for a while? I do that... just back away and then come back to test the waters.

Thank you, Mike. I appreciate that. Yes, I'll consider coming back once people get tired of spreading the hate that we came on here to escape in the first place...

There IS such a thing on the GS forums as the ignore feature, and if I'm not mistaken you can also block people from sending you PMs if you want. I've had to use the ignore feature myself a time or two.

Stalking and harassment is NOT ok. Ever. (*Glancing at the poster that just deleted their post.*) No matter what the reason for it may be or how justified you -think- that you are. If you don't like someone, or have an issue with them contacting you or whatever, then it's easily solved by putting them on ignore.

axle2152 Wrote:Yes, I had it out for you because you stalked SilverBullet and God knows who else you do it to. The fact that you persistently pestered him on here and on by other means for months on end just makes me cringe! Not even going into "our" history...

So yes, I think someone who stalks other people here or anywhere for that matter shouldn't be welcome.

Besides that, you visit and never contribute anything as far as I can tell, other than to come here to "promote" your books and stalk people.

So yes, please leave.

Smile

I haven't contacted that user on this forum in months. I don't know what you have to do with my former friendship with Silverbullet, but if he has an issue with anything I once said to him, he can take it up with me personally.

Reporting me on this forum without grounds, responding to my posts with degrading posts, stalking my website, and messaging me privately on Facebook is harassment. And I hope this forum bans you for it.

SilverBullet is gone..

Anocxu Wrote:SilverBullet is gone..

Yes, he is. But those that claim to be friends with him, or wish to be more, remain.

Why beat around the bush? Nope, not dating him, not friends with him. SB is a good guy and has a great deal to offer someone. That's where I'll leave it.

As far as you go Tyler. At this point, I do not care whether you post on GS or not, that's your choice. Should I reply to a thread or post you create I will treat it the same as everyone else's moving forward.

Furthermore, don't you think it is about time we settle our issues? Or do you prefer to continue to be assholes to each other?

Also, I purposefully made a thread that is indirectly targeted at you concerning your marketing tactics. No not trying to be shitty, actually trying to give you genuine advice -- from Satan himself. Anyway, I don't think the folks who are members of Out in the Mountains cared for your plug for your books. It's not an appropriate place to do it and even if it weren't the case it wouldn't have been effective, it was also Memorial Day too. It would be the same if I were still in business and went around FB posting on people's timelines saying I fix computers. People just don't like it and you could have the best novel since ever.

Here's what I would do and I think it might work and win you some acquaintances and connections. Go to the next meeting they have with Out in the Mountains, its usually on a Wednesday night towards the end of the month. Bring a couple books to give away...for free. You can tell everyone you run into about your books, they'll be delighted to meet you and hear about your books and so on. You also don't have to worry about me being there either, I no longer have time to go and I don't like awkward situations anyway. Me giving you this advice is not me trying to be friends, not trying to trick you into doing something, this would be the same advice I'd give you if we had never had quarreled. It just irks me that you attempt to market in this fashion, you did pretty much the same here. You push your books hard and that is fine, but that was the sole purpose you had put little or no effort into actually networking with people. That is 90% of it. It's not about the books, or in my case computer service, it's about people and those people liking you, you have to be personable and trustworthy -- yeah scoff all you want.

The other thing I would do is go bigger and spread out....think WLOS, radio stations and other libraries in other towns.

See...I can be nice to people I don't particularly like.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!