Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeing my age is scary
Seeing my age in my profile is scaring the hell out of me. I can remember seeing my age as being 19 like it was yesterday...

Meh... it's just a number. Days/weeks/years under your belt.

Hmmmmm I more talking about the time passing than the age.

19 to 30 is a blink of an eye for the earth, the moon, and the stars...

It's all a matter of perspective.

It only seems like yesterday I was 18. Between 18 and now has flown by
An eye for an eye

Dan1980 Wrote:It only seems like yesterday I was 18. Between 18 and now has flown by

Seems to go quicker the older I get. And yes it's an observable phenomenon.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...n-why.html

Enjoy all the moments you have, we don't know when that will end of any of us.

artyboy Wrote:Seeing my age in my profile is scaring the hell out of me. I can remember seeing my age as being 19 like it was yesterday...

Another weird thing about getting older... aside from the subjective experience of time moving faster... is that INSIDE you don't age as quickly as your body does. At least this is the case for me. I *feel* (psychologically, sexually, emotionally, IDK what all) WAY younger than I actually am. Part of this is I've kept myself in good shape. I've always been an 'outsider' and someone who goes a bit against the common grain. So I have a 'youthful' attitude. But it's also true that I just don't feel as old as I am. I look at myself in the mirror and think, "Who the fuck is that?!!"

SO... IDK... I feel at least 20 years younger than I actually am. This can sometimes cause problems, too, because I often relate to younger people as if I'm a peer when THEY don't see me that way at all.

I also hate the "age is just a number" BS. It is WAY more than that.

I feel the same way, it is kind of haunting in a way... I'm 30 and how did I get here so quickly, seeing other progress so much in life and in my case I feel like I've been left behind, I don't know that I think that's true. I know my sister feels the same way, she was hoping to have had kids by now and hasn't and it's been tough for her on that front...

Me, I just feel like I shouldn't be where I am at in life but that's the thing who am I trying to impress anyway. At times I just want to say fuck trying to diet, fuck trying to be a goody two shoes and feel compelled to be nice or go the extra mile because it in most cases doesn't make a bit of difference, just become someone else's doormat.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

No it's not, seeing yourself age is kind of fulfilling imho

MikeW Wrote:Another weird thing about getting older... aside from the subjective experience of time moving faster... is that INSIDE you don't age as quickly as your body does. At least this is the case for me. I *feel* (psychologically, sexually, emotionally, IDK what all) WAY younger than I actually am. Part of this is I've kept myself in good shape. I've always been an 'outsider' and someone who goes a bit against the common grain. So I have a 'youthful' attitude. But it's also true that I just don't feel as old as I am. I look at myself in the mirror and think, "Who the fuck is that?!!"

SO... IDK... I feel at least 20 years younger than I actually am. This can sometimes cause problems, too, because I often relate to younger people as if I'm a peer when THEY don't see me that way at all.

I also hate the "age is just a number" BS. It is WAY more than that.

Well, my own take on "age is just a number" is that how you feel is more important than the number would indicate. As I've gotten older, the point at which I think someone is "OLD" is less an age, then how they appear and carry themselves.