Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Self Esteem Level Up
So, I've only been out for 3 years, and 2 of those years, I was still coming to terms with coming out, being open about my sexuality. In all that time, one guy showed any interest, and that relationship didn't go very far before it ended mutually.

I've finally reached a place where I'm happy to be me, and like magic, suddenly I have three casual friends who have shown interest and would love to go out on a date or otherwise pursue something a bit deeper if only it were possible...
Problem is; these friends are not local Sad We've been friends on Facebook for a long time, and started off as strangers sharing common interests... Two are in the southern states, the other is in the Philippines.

I'm not use to this. In my 27 years, I've almost never been the target of this kind of attention. Doesn't matter that they are so far away, its good to receive this kind of attention sometimes, because I'm feeling a boost in the self esteem and it feels great Big Grin

Moral of the story: It really does seem like once you've become happy in your own skin, people will start to take note, and it can lead to more Smile

I'm seriously considering flying down to give it a shot with one of them too, cause I've been crushing on him for a while now already...

Opinions? Should I do something crazy and go see what happens (dont worry, if this happened, it wouldn't be an unwelcome intrusion) or not?

BYoNexus Wrote:... I've finally reached a place where I'm happy to be me, and like magic, suddenly I have three casual friends who have shown interest and would love to go out on a date or otherwise pursue something a bit deeper if only it were possible...
Problem is; these friends are not local ...
Guys are appreciating your self confidence. The internet is a big place, you might want to concentrate on what is local. So you dont have to rip up your life so much to meet someone. Sounds like things are going your way in life and if you let it, you can find someone next door.

BYoNexus Wrote:... Should I do something crazy and go see what happens (dont worry, if this happened, it wouldn't be an unwelcome intrusion) or not?
definitely yes, but go as a vacation thing and enjoy your self with or with out the other person. There is possibly sooo much you dont see in a long distance relationship

Pellaz is right, the internet is big and you may want to try local, if your playing field is the whole world I guarantee there are loads of guys who will show interest and guys you will fall for but this is only theory, if your going to travel a huge distance your lumped with that person, good or bad, for however long your staying, its better to take it at a more natural pace, where you can date, get to know each other, and then if it works, you know they are there for you, not 1000s of miles away, and likewise if you need some time apart you can do that.

Partisan is right, but I still say Go. Have your eyes open, be careful and enjoy your vacation Smile
I went over the pond once to meet someone in Canada. The best decision I could have made! Smile

Yes there is another side to me that says - go for it, but like Nick and pellaz said, make it a vacation at the same time Smile

thanks for the feedback Smile