Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Self Pic Advice
Howdy!

Wondering if any hefty guys like myself have any tips on taking photos of themselves. Like poses and such... I hate being in photos because I really don't like the look of myself right now (working on it) I'm thinking if I could get a better angle or posture I wouldn't mind as much.

Thanks!

jp2012 Wrote:Howdy!

Wondering if any hefty guys like myself have any tips on taking photos of themselves. Like poses and such... I hate being in photos because I really don't like the look of myself right now (working on it) I'm thinking if I could get a better angle or posture I wouldn't mind as much.

Thanks!

But you should love yourself anyway.

Although it may seem bias for me to say that, as I am myself not "hefty" and maybe it is bias, but I sincerely think people should just love themselves.

I personally wouldn't care how you look in your picture, as long as it's kept somewhat Pg-13 :tongue: .

I've taken so many silly photos that people both love and hate, but in the end, It's really up to you. Why does it matter what other people think? Especially ones that are probably hundreds of miles away from you.

And alternatively, if you don't feel comfortable doing it, there's no reason you have to. One of my strongest beliefs next to individualism and equalism, is freedom. You don't have to do something if you don't want to Smile .

Good luck posing! I like to pose, cause it makes me laugh and my mom thinks I'm crazy when I'm laughing at myself Rofl

Dazzler1

Well I do love myself... I'd just like some tips on maybe poses / angles that make me look thinner or something.

jp2012 Wrote:Well I do love myself... I'd just like some tips on maybe poses / angles that make me look thinner or something.

Well, believe me, being thin isn't all that and a bag of chips either.

But maybe try a force prospective head shot? I find using a Mirror for this much easier, and makes it have depth.

I took a class(or 30) from a british photographer who came for a year to teach photography at our school. I'm a nerd, so I wrote everything down :p

Basically, look into a mirror, whether it be at an angle(about 90degrees or so) or no and make sure to focus on whatever is meant to be the subject(in this case, your head/face)

You don't want a flash or something that draws the eye to something other than the subject(your face)

I probably can't explain it that well in words, as it's better shown, but your result should be you majoritively, with little to nothing else garnering much attention, outside of background interest.

Some go for the "twin-effect", which is when you tilt at a 70-90degree angle or even 180 against a mirror and a reflection of the opposite side of your face is shown aswell as the unreflected side. When doing 70-90degree angles, it should be more towards the mirror, while still facing you, but with 180, the camera should be looking directly at you and the mirror at the same time.

I have a full length mirror(thank whatever deity exist), so I can lean up against it, but it can be done with the help of a friend, so long as they aren't in the shot.

Have them stand at an angle and take the picture, or they can even stand behind you and get a picture of your back, along with the reflected front, which looks very awesome. From personal experience anyway.

Depending on how it's shot, you can focus on your head or anything really.

The only way to "truely" make yourself thin, is by photoshopping yourself, which is insanely hard if you haven't learned how.

Then again, they say the camera makes you lose ten pounds Smile .

~

I've done this a bit, so it's easy for me, and I tried to explain it best in words, so sorry if you get alittle confused Sad .

I'm a Musician, so... you know how that goes Wink .

I too am a hefty guy and I am also working on it. The way you describe this angle of shooting is one that I have loved, I think i will see if my friend will take picture and i will post it here Smile

Ken051 Wrote:I too am a hefty guy and I am also working on it. The way you describe this angle of shooting is one that I have loved, I think i will see if my friend will take picture and i will post it here Smile

Kay, good luck Smile .

I hope it made sense, cause I was trying to visualize it as I was typing, but since I already understand it, I wasn't sure it made sense to someone who doesn't :tongue: