Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Self introduction
Hi there.

I have had extremely negative experiences at the hands of certain gay people.
On both times, this was a betrayal of trust for that person's social and personal gain.

These occurred during key times of social development for me, so to some extent may explain my negative feelings towards homosexuals.

I have never hated, antagonized or even considered violence towards homosexuals. I manifest my disdain by avoiding contact and never trusting them.

I seek to to undo the damage done by these individuals. I wish to be a bit proactive so have joined this forum. I have found that good forums are an extremely positive way to get to know about something.

For the every person who made my life worse, I'd like to think that I also encountered people who helped me and I liked - I just never knew they were gay. Hoping to meet some here and explore the subject as a whole.

Cheers.

Well Ding, there are bad people and good people in this world. In all sexual orientations.

Welcome to Gayspeak, Ding. You'll find wonderful folks in this forum and hopefully you'll enjoy your stay in Gayspeak.

Welcome to Gayspeak Ding Wink

Sort of like gays in the military serving while in the closet, I'm quite sure Ding has worked side by side some gays that he admired while never having the foggiest idea of who they spent their nights with.

Welcome to the forum Ding.

hi ding, im sorry to hear about your negitive experiances and your avoidance of gay guys. we arent demons from the underworld who have come to claim your head in the name of odin. we're just plain normal people. or love life really shouldnt affect you. you should be more worried about our taste in food! CHINESE is a good place to start btw! and sorry if im not making sense, i've been pulling an all nighter!

Hello Ding,
Welcome to the forum mate.... Sorry to hear about the bad experiences you have encountered with some gay people.... With most of us we are a respectful kind who understand that any form of discrimination towards another individual isnt good when there is enough in the world against us... Here hopefully you can understand and find a way to possibly forgive those who upset you in the past and move onto a brighter future with a different view... Alot of hetrosexual men I know use gay bars in my town because they say that in hetrosexual bars all they want to do is fight or look for women to shag whereas the gay community they can have a laugh and a giggle and feel the night was a great one... On top of that anyone makes a move they just indicate they are hetrosexual and most men respect that except a few that end up with a slap lol

Kindest regards and welcome

Zeon x

Late Bloomer Wrote:Sort of like gays in the military serving while in the closet, I'm quite sure Ding has worked side by side some gays that he admired while never having the foggiest idea of who they spent their nights with.

Exactly, Plus, it's none of my business what people do in bed. I never understood some people's obsession with making sure third parties are aware of their sexual orientation.

Where I live there are a lot of guys who will literally do anything in order to have sex with a female. I realised that I detest those guys just as much.

I want to get to know people. I like their individual and unique personalities. Whether they're man or woman, straight or gay, or if they're from another planet, I couldn't care less.

Is it really natural to wave your sexuality around in public?

I mean, if i introduced myself, 'Hi my name's Ding and I enjoy vaginas.' that'd just be weird. Of course, if it crops up in conversation at a later and natural junction, that's an entirely different matter. I'm not saying that people should 'hide' their sexuality, merely have it within balance of themselves as an entire individual. Some of my heroes are gay, like Judas Priest's vocalist Rob Halford, or Freddy Mercury. It seems to me that being gay wasn't the only thing they accomplished in life, they had full lives.

maniclewis21 Wrote:...you should be more worried about our taste in food! CHINESE is a good place to start btw! and sorry if im not making sense, i've been pulling an all nighter!

Chinese food...damn man, now I'm feeling hungy again....
I absolutely adore home-cooked Chinese food - it's no wonder it's along side Italian and Indian foods in being massively popular all over the world.

-----------

Thanks to all for your kind welcomes. I have already learnt a great deal in my short time on this forum! Smile

we are one big open minded forum lol... u can freely talk bout vaginas if u want i may b gay but a, i dont get offended at the convo of one and b i crawled out of one at birth

Hi, and welcome to gay speak. We have discussions on many different topics here. So, there will be many ways you can learn and interact with other people.

I am sorry to hear about your bad experiences in the past. Just as straight people, gay people are capable of both good and bad.

Ding7 Wrote:I mean, if i introduced myself, 'Hi my name's Ding and I enjoy vaginas.' that'd just be weird. Of course, if it crops up in conversation at a later and natural junction, that's an entirely different matter. I'm not saying that people should 'hide' their sexuality, merely have it within balance of themselves as an entire individual. Some of my heroes are gay, like Judas Priest's vocalist Rob Halford, or Freddy Mercury. It seems to me that being gay wasn't the only thing they accomplished in life, they had full lives.

Most gay people do live full and balanced lives. I will say, however, that there is a tendency for those who are just coming to accept their sexuality to focus heavily on that novel part of their identity. That is because, most frequently, that part of their identity has been repressed and undiscovered, so they can be rather exuberant within the first few years of the coming out process. This tends to taper off as their sexual identity becomes a normal part of their everyday life. Think about it as if it were you when you were first starting to understand the birds and the bees . . . You know that time in your early teens when the only thing you talked about with your friends was sex and every other word had an underlying sexual meaning that you could giggle at.

Gay heroes can be rather important to those of us who are gay. They certainly helped me to accept who I am. I'm glad straight people, such as yourself, can have gay heroes too.

Best wishes and, again, welcome.

[quote=Ding7]
I absolutely adore home-cooked Chinese food - it's no wonder it's along side Italian and Indian foods in being massively popular all over the world.
QUOTE]

i've never had home cooked chinese, but that cheesy crab stuff they have at chinese buffets is amazing with thewhite rice and fresh sushi! i do hope you get past your avoidance of homosexuals. We could order chinese and play tetris till our eyes bleed! lol Laugh2