Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Self introduction
zeon Wrote:i crawled out of one at birth

I'm sure it's the unconscious memory of that event that has turned me off them for life.

Hi and welcome ding to this forum Smile , I can't really say how gay people are but from my self and those I've meet on the forum is that people is still people. I've been around many that has treated me bad and in general its not cause by ethnicity, sexuality or other factors. We can't like every human in the world and the best thing would not to draw a line over people saying like 'All gay, all Vietnamese, all Swedes, all Americans, all the Martians (Lol) are bad'.

Hello, Ding7 and welcome. Feel free to join in the discussions and you will soon find different personalities emerging.

I suppose it is difficult for many straight people to understand what coming out is all about, or why for most of us it is necessary. We all grow up bombarded from all sides with expectations and images of how it's going to be - except for us there is something missing. The luckier ones seem to be very aware of themselves at an early age. For some of us slower learners, though, realisation takes a while longer to dawn.

Coming out is a process that we first have to do to ourselves before we can do it to anyone else. When I finally twigged why most things in my life had never made sense it was like a pressure valve going off and I could not stop talking about it, much as I really wanted to. As Inchante mentioned, once we can assimilate this insight into our everyday lives it doesn't need to be so overwhelming. From then on it is probably more likely the straight person's pre-programmed and latent homophobia that causes them to perceive this situation as having their faces rubbed in our sexuality ... if that isn't too graphic an image! :tongue:

Welcome to the forums Ding, nice to have you here. Confusedmile:

Hello & Welcome to Gay Speak!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!