Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selfies
havikryan Wrote:I don't have a picture of only me as I only take pictures of my pets, my head just happened to be in this picture

Edit, picture is sideways. No idea how to fix that on my phone, sorry

I think it's a great picture. Smile

Im new at this but will give a try,im terri and would like to meet new people

hi terri - you could do an introductory post ...there is a thread if you have a quick search , no need to post pics to start with - its not mandatory at all

SahmmButterFlylickerBrakelampBrakelamp
johnnybegood Wrote:Im new at this but will give a try,im terri and would like to meet new people

Why thank you so much swettie

:glittering-red-lips

As matty said it's not mandatory, and you might want to create an introduction thread to get to know everyone. There's allot of awesome people here, and it's nice to meet another awesome new person. Smile Let me be one of the first to welcome you to GS, and I hope you have a good time here. ^^ If you have any question's or if there's anyway I can be of help feel free to send a message. Smile

starlight Wrote:When i have used them on dating sites i get blocked lol so either i am ugly or i dont know. Thanks though Smile

Starlight... Dating sites are fostering the most superficial, asshole douchebags you'd find on the web, many people in there will immediately judge you on the way you look without even trying to learn who you are. Back in the days we used to say a picture worth a thousand words, but that never been true and in this era of digital age it's even more false than ever. A picture doesn't reflect your personality, doesn't prove your intelligence and certainly doesn't render well. Some people are just not photogenic and I'm one of those, only a good photograph can render good pictures of me with appropriate lighting. If I take a selfie of myself I immediately dislike the picture no matter how many megapixels my camera has.

I wouldn't base an opinion of myself based on people views from dating sites since for the most of the pictures in there they are outdated, photoshopped or fake. Also too many people on dating sites are looking for diamonds when they only have plastic to offer of themselves. Dating sites does not reflect reality in the slightest, all they do is to make you doubt of yourself, make you anxious and some makes you hate yourself. When going to a dating site, always consider it as entertainment, because, no matter the bullshit they write to get you to register, they're nothing serious about any of them. Whether you pay or not, they're pretty much all the same, promise everything, delivers nothing. At the end they're just tools, nothing more nothing less.

My husband and I tested some of them a while ago, he's a former model (yes he's a cutie - according to me of course), Alex is now 29 years old, and we went to Adam 4 Adam, posted a picture of him without any details, sure he had a lot of messages, but when we actually decided to put an age like 22 years old, the message have doubled if not tripled, Afterwards, let's say two weeks later we changed the picture, and put his real age, and the message count has dropped considerably. What I'm saying here, is that on many dating sites; age is often what matters, they first search by age and then your picture... Try it for yourself and you'll see the result.

Jake Wrote:Starlight... Dating sites are fostering the most superficial, asshole douchebags you'd find on the web, many people in there will immediately judge you on the way you look without even trying to learn who you are. Back in the days we used to say a picture worth a thousand words, but that never been true and in this era of digital age it's even more false than ever. A picture doesn't reflect your personality, doesn't prove your intelligence and certainly doesn't render well. Some people are just not photogenic and I'm one of those, only a good photograph can render good pictures of me with appropriate lighting. If I take a selfie of myself I immediately dislike the picture no matter how many megapixels my camera has.

I wouldn't base an opinion of myself based on people views from dating sites since for the most of the pictures in there they are outdated, photoshopped or fake. Also too many people on dating sites are looking for diamonds when they only have plastic to offer of themselves. Dating sites does not reflect reality in the slightest, all they do is to make you doubt of yourself, make you anxious and some makes you hate yourself. When going to a dating site, always consider it as entertainment, because, no matter the bullshit they write to get you to register, they're nothing serious about any of them. Whether you pay or not, they're pretty much all the same, promise everything, delivers nothing. At the end they're just tools, nothing more nothing less.

My husband and I tested some of them a while ago, he's a former model (yes he's a cutie - according to me of course), Alex is now 29 years old, and we went to Adam 4 Adam, posted a picture of him without any details, sure he had a lot of messages, but when we actually decided to put an age like 22 years old, the message have doubled if not tripled, Afterwards, let's say two weeks later we changed the picture, and put his real age, and the message count has dropped considerably. What I'm saying here, is that on many dating sites; age is often what matters, they first search by age and then your picture... Try it for yourself and you'll see the result.

You know this is one of the most constructive posts i have ever seen on GS, thankyou outright for the words and support you have given me and put out there for others to have the ability to see and help themselves.

I am at the point of giving up dating stuff, although it will still wind me up in my head, i have never had a relationship and it hurts and yes i wallow in my own pity and my own mind but others cannot know how it feels in this situation as i cant of theirs even if we are similar.

I remember taking a picture on holiday when i woke up lol a selfie and wow its awful but hey its the true visual me haha knackered and rough! I have kept it and actually find it funny.

I may have gone off track with my reply but hey i felt like typing lol

Cheers again!

starlight Wrote:You know this is one of the most constructive posts i have ever seen on GS, thankyou outright for the words and support you have given me and put out there for others to have the ability to see and help themselves.

I am at the point of giving up dating stuff, although it will still wind me up in my head, i have never had a relationship and it hurts and yes i wallow in my own pity and my own mind but others cannot know how it feels in this situation as i cant of theirs even if we are similar.

I remember taking a picture on holiday when i woke up lol a selfie and wow its awful but hey its the true visual me haha knackered and rough! I have kept it and actually find it funny.

I may have gone off track with my reply but hey i felt like typing lol

Cheers again!

As I mentioned [MENTION=23118]starlight[/MENTION] use dating site as entertainment, just like if you were playing an Internet game, play and play until you believe that something could be serious, but never takes it seriously at first because then you will ending up doubting and underestimating yourself. Communicate with people and if you see that it's leading nowhere (and trust me if you use logic you can quickly sort out the goods from the bad apples -there's more bad apples than good ones), just turn off the console for a while. View it as a game, don't expect anyone to be nice to you, or when they are too nice, you know something doesn't add up. Stay true to yourself ALWAYS so at least when one is being totally dishonest, you can't blame yourself for having been an asshole. When you come to a dating site with no agenda, you will soon use it as a forum, you get to chat with people and forget about telling too much, yes I know it's all about selling oneself, but the most successful salesman disguise a sale into a mundane chit-chat.