Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sepp Blatter resigns!
I have absolutely no interest in football whatsoever but I'm sure this piece of news will be of interest to many.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footb...92529.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footbal...-live.html
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

he's been the president of FIFA for as long as i've watched football. this guy is 78, i think it's time for some freshness.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Finally he has bowed to the inevitable.

Which is...I suspect....that Coke has made him resign.

I recently read a piece on him in Bloomberg BusinessWeek....

....seems his influence couldn't quite compensate for his questionable ethics.....

...and I wonder now if the decision to award Quatar and Russia the World Cup will be revisited? The piece in Bloomberg suggested some unethical behind the scenes deals under his watch...

East Wrote:...and I wonder now if the decision to award Quatar and Russia the World Cup will be revisited? The piece in Bloomberg suggested some unethical behind the scenes deals under his watch...

i'm sure there's more of that for his 17 years at the head of FIFA. we can't revisit everything. just let it go, and move on.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

meridannight Wrote:i'm sure there's more of that for his 17 years at the head of FIFA. we can't revisit everything. just let it go, and move on.

There is a lot of controversy with those two locations...and since it is the future and not the past...I think revisiting those two choices which some say were bought by those countries..would be a worthy of a second look...

im looking forward to him been put on trial, and the decisions of the next 2 world cups be re run, the man is corrupt to the back teeth but holds all the secrets of the other members so they dare not cross him - thankfully the FBI are involved so he cannot make veiled threats to withhold FA backing like he does against football mad nations

One night last week I happened to see a special on ESPN about Blatter and all this. I couldn't believe some of the things they had on about the wide open bribery. FIFA accepts bribes left and right and the bribe nations for their votes even worse. Because they are set up as a charitable organization the Swiss government has no knowledge of their finances.

Now really, what can you expect a man whose name sounds like a urinary infection to do?
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:Now really, what can you expect a man whose name sounds like a urinary infection to do?

Go to jail, most likely