Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sex only after marriage - really?
Anonymous Wrote:Yes, I'll stay with him. He's more important to my than any sex and this is the only thing he has ever asked from me, so yes, I'll wait as long as he needs me to. Every time I think about this situation I always come to this conclusion.

Okay. Then it is settled.

Just curious, what made you decide to ask for advice?

To borrow from religious wisdom and relationship advice, two partners should be fairly equally yoked. The larger consideration here will be an honest values check. If you're disagreeing on this one topic, what other topics will you also disagree on long-term? When one holds strict religious ideas and is rigid, there will likely be other issues that arise due to the differences between you two and neither may be willing to compromise because you two hold different values (neither is wrong for each person individually, but together they will clash).

I am gay and religious but I also have morals and ethics so I think what you are seeing with your boyfriend is a combination of that. Yes, according to Catholicism homosexuality is a sin however, that is no reason to go ahead and have sex outside of marriage since maybe his wanting to hold off has less to do with religion and more to do with person morals and ethics. If you think about it I am sure he is horny and turned on by you too but since he is a virgin he wants it to be special. I cannot blame him when it comes to that. You only get one first time and it sounds like he wants to be married and do it the old fashioned way which I do not think there is anything wrong with doing. It's been 5 months you obviously love him, you say you are both in college so is there anyway that you two could work a part time job, maybe get a 3 bedroom apartment and have 1 or 2 roommates to help with the bills, the two of you become engaged and live together to see if it works.

So many people but the emphasis on sex and yes, sex is important but what makes sex good is not just the feelings but the emotional connection to each other. If you feel in your heart that this is the guy for you do not let your desire to bust a nut get in the way of something that you obviously feel could be a lasting relationship. In my opinion that would not be worth it but then again I am married to my high school sweet heart. I am 28 and we have been together 12 years since I was 16 and I have never been with another man. So there are still some of us old fashioned guys left in the world. My husband waited 8 months into dating me before we had sex so every relationship is different just think about what it is you really want and think about doing a trial run of living together to see if you grow closer and let that test your chemistry. If the chemistry is there living together then it will be when you bang under the sheets.