Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Macklemore caused outrage...?
I didn't even know this happened. I'm not even sure what to say, so I'll just post this video. It seems a little silly to me why we would get mad though.

I didn't think that many threw a fit over it. A few did, but most (like on one or more articles I read...can't remember the name, but it's gay news) were supportive and thought it was absurd to be acting like he'd done something offensive.

And with that in mind I don't like how she went "the gays" as if she was a lone voice of reason in a wilderness of insanity.

I loved it. That's all I can say. If it's not your cup of tea, that's fine. I just really loved it!

He didn't do anything offensive. I mean, if getting married by your dream celebrity is anything but a dream, I'm not really sure what world we live in?

If anyone was offended, they might consider not watching what they were watching? So many people were like, "I hate this now!!" in rage comments and the like... if that was how strongly people truly felt they'd turn the TV off.

Some people live to complain.

What a bunch of bullshit.

Ok, can we go back to be bothered about the real dangers for LGBT people, like Mr. Putin or Mr. Lukashenko, or Sunni ruled countries, or Fred Phelps?

Kuma-Wooly is right, some people throw a fit over nothing

I just dislike Macklemore because his music sucks. I don't really give a damn about the rest of that bullshit. People get way too sensitive about all that. At least it's better than other artists being homophobic. I don't see the issue with someone being supportive. Good for him.

Why exactly are gay people against this macklemore person when lady gaga has been supposedly doing the same and all the gays praise lady gaga for "standing up for us" because she's apparently this "outrageous" "artistic" "icon" and the "Ultimate gay activist" who has "won us all our rights and fought for us" and "speaks for us"?

Adrift Wrote:Why exactly are gay people against this macklemore person when lady gaga has been supposedly doing the same and all the gays praise lady gaga for "standing up for us" because she's apparently this "outrageous" "artistic" "icon" and the "Ultimate gay activist" who has "won us all our rights and fought for us" and "speaks for us"?

The people who are angry at Meckelmore are not angry at Lady Gaga because she is Bi, therefore "one of us"

Mackelmore is straight, therefore he is "not one of us" in their eyes.

Its actually pretty messed up... I didnt realise that people in the LGBT community would see this as anything but a good thing. It goes to show that there is a serious problem that has taken root in the community (at least in North America) where gay people dont just want equal rights, they seek some kind of willful segregation, but above anyone who isnt LGBT.
Either that or a lot of the people expressing outrage are just whiny little cunts.

She has a perfect point..........."this song is not made for gay people".

He is not backing "gay marriage", he is backing "marriage equality"....which means ANY two consenting people who want to get married, should be allowed to get married. PERIOD.

There is no "gay" or "straight" about this song or this man. He is just voicing an opinion about everybody having equal rights.

And regardless of who you think you are, or whether you are "gay" or "straight".......you are doing nothing but causing the problems associated with all the bullshit surrounding this issue, by screaming and yelling "gay", "straight", and such in your tirades.

The man is not backing "gay" or "straight"......only equality. If you think its anything more than that......then you is just STOOPID.