Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sexual enhancers that REALLY work
CarGuy65 Wrote:OK, because I am older, I can say this truthfully for those who may not get it. When you get to be my age things can happen to your body that you sometimes do not have control over. A little over a year ago I was almost 300 pounds, high blood pressure and borderline diabetic. I have since lost 75 pounds so far and am no longer taking meds for the other problems as they have gone away. However one med for high blood pressure had a bad effect on my sex drive as it is known to do and it will still be in my system for another year or two. Enter my extremely patient boyfriend (OMG HOT and sexy!) 11 months ago who has been a saint with me (true love can forgive major issues). I have been prescribed the name brand meds for ED with no improvement. I want to be able to be all I can be for my boyfriend so I welcome any advice on how to get my drive back. My doctor is kinda useless in this area and seems to avoid the issue all together but he is great in other areas so I will stick with him.
So Misterlove thank you for your post and I will talk about some of these alternatives with my doc. Thank you and sorry for the rant but some people just don't understand what can happen to sex drives.

It depends on what is the actual cause of the reduced libido from the meds. However some natural things that always assist but may not help depending on the underlying cause;

Exercise: Focusing on high intensity weights such as heavier squats. A good weights session on a regular basis does wonders for your testosterone levels and other hormones. Not only that you get the added benefit of looking better, and feeling great.

Cold water: Anyone that has swam in cold water should know what I mean, keeping your junk cool assists in them regulating temperature better, but for some reason I found 20-30 minutes in cool/cold water will send my libido crazy.

Sleep deprivation: This is not a suggestion but merely an intriguing biological thing. I notice if I am sleep deprived (at least 28hrs no sleep) my body must release some hormones or chemicals, not sure but it results in annoying erections/libido. Considering my sex-drive is quite low on average its an interesting result.

Some supplements;
What I found makes me feel good and energetic daily - omega 3, Vit-D, CoQ10.

For Vit-D it is not as simple as going out and standing in the sun sometimes. For me I need the supplements (I work indoors, and the Aussie sun fries me before I can get appropriate levels) either way it is a cheap and effective vitamin to supplement.

What I've gotten good results from via weight lifting but shouldn't be used without consultation especially considering your previous cardiovascular situation: Beta alanine, L-Tyrosine etc but these are "YMMV" kind of supplements in relation to weights/high intensity exercise.