Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sexually and Emotionally Frustrated
More common than you would believe.

I have a powerful gaydar so I flirt with poofters, but the poofters don't pick up on it and walk away with a 'He is a nice straight guy' thought.

I have resorted to wanking and punching walls....Yes, and have done both at the same time Wink

Anonymous Wrote:Do you guys think it's tacky to where some type of rainbow flag/pride paraphernalia once in a while to get the message out?

No! In fact when I first came out in 2002 (Just left the military, like a week) One of the first things I did was buy a copy of Gay Times, and carry it through a London mainline train station in a manor that anyone who looked could see it. It was strangely liberating......

Now and again I wear a rainbow pin the cooler of my jacket Smile

ObW
X

Anonymous Wrote:Yup, I am both sexually and emotionally frustrated.

Bright side: I'm alright as far as looks go, some even find me really cute/attractive.

Down side: let's see, A. most gay men, even if they do find me attractive, tend to not approach me because they think I'm straight, and B. I never seem to find an appropriate setting to approach people in.

I found out that there is a queer students' club, but it kind of feels like a downer having to resort to that for support, it seems like I'm the only gay guy around here who can't make his sexuality work in sync with his life :confused:

There is a large underground of 'straight acting' gay men out there. Typically they reside in more rural communities and shun the big city and the 'gay scene' because they feel way hella out of place with all of the clones and 'subgroups' of gay (bear, leather, twink, queen, drag, etc. etc. etc.)

I understand LGBT centers in towns have support programs and event calenders and ins and outs of 'gay' things to do other than the bar/club scene. It varies from place to place.

Here is the directory. http://www.lgbtcenters.org/Centers/find-a-center.aspx

I discovered that my cow town is so cow town it ain't got one of these new fanged gay centers for the ho-moo-sex-ya-all's... Perhaps you will have better luck?

Being cofused for a straight guy cause you don't "act gay" or "look gay" (whatever that means) is almost cliché..

it happens to a lot of us..

I think the group is a good idea, I fail to see the problem. You might find there's an afwul lot of people in your same situation..

As for the "queer" part..

Students in my Uni recently created the group Queers PUCV..(which holds a number of straoght people two who help the cause)

it's supposed to be a defiant stance against the derogatory use of the word "queer"..so I suppose this culd be the same case?

To the second Anon: if you're out and have no big deals with that, I don't see a problem with wearing something rainbowy..

Yes, I second going where the other boys are. What's a support club for if you can't use it to your advantage when you could do with some support? Who knows what support you could be offering to someone in a far more difficult situation than you?

I was reading a paper recently where people with minority sexualities were designated LGBTQQI. So now we have to find room for a P and what about asexuals? Anyone any good at anagrams?

Do you remember having to make sure to not to wear green on Thursdays? I personally find the word "queer" to be extremely offensive. It reminds me of the sixties, when even a hint that you were anything other than a straight arrow was a source of shame.

Doing a brief search on google will bring up at least ten possible words to be included in the LGBT acronym. Those would be Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Queer, Questioning, Pansexual, Intersex, Ally, Asexual. Although the consensus seems to be settling on LGBTQIA, it's still long enough that we need to consider replacing it with a (non-acronym) word. And it seems the only word that presents itself is queer. Almost any other way of approaching it would exclude some.

I had a funny feeling as soon as I said that "queer" was the only option, that something else would pop up quickly, and as soon as I closed my browser, I saw my google search and there it was - GSD -it stands for Gender and Sexual Diversities. Well my point still stands - maybe even stronger now. I believe we need to come up with a shorter, but more inclusive word (or acronym) to unite under. Maybe GSD... or maybe...
maybe you can come up with something better.

questioning Wrote:I had a funny feeling as soon as I said that "queer" was the only option, that something else would pop up quickly, and as soon as I closed my browser, I saw my google search and there it was - GSD -it stands for Gender and Sexual Diversities. Well my point still stands - maybe even stronger now. I believe we need to come up with a shorter, but more inclusive word (or acronym) to unite under. Maybe GSD... or maybe...
maybe you can come up with something better.

GSD, in my world, stands for Glycogen Storage Disease... which I have. I've been having to tell people my whole life that I have GSD.

...I didn't realize that I've been telling people I'm a queer since I was I five.

The one word I like to use is HUMAN, because we are all individuals....just like everyone else.

Labels are for clothes so you can shove those segregating acronyms fair up your clackers and be part of society.

I'm actually wondering why I didn't come out before..