Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sexually transmitted diseases in London
I've just heard on the news that STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases) are seventy four percent higher than in the rest of the country and the section most affected is the under 25s. What is it with the younger section of the community that it is willing to take such risks?

I love London and I've always had great sex there.

Here's an article on the local sex parties:

http://www.vice.com/read/the-week-long-m...-gay-scene

I'm not sure how accurate and truthful this article really is.

I've been to several sex parties in London but I never tried any drugs or bareback sex and so did most of the guys in those clubs.

I have absolutely no first hand knowledge of the scene written about in that article but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if most of it were true. So many young people today seem to be nihilistic and don't seem to care about the future. OK, that's a generalisation and I expect to be shot down because of it.

London is very different from the rest of England so it's not surprising that it's different in many ways. It's almost like a foreign country.

What I find so worrying is that many of the antibiotics used to treat STDs are now becoming resistant. I believe that so many young people put themselves at risk because they believe that there is a cure but sooner or later there will come a time when there simply will not be any cure for these diseases and then what wil they do?

LONDONER Wrote:What I find so worrying is that many of the antibiotics used to treat STDs are now becoming resistant. I believe that so many young people put themselves at risk because they believe that there is a cure but sooner or later there will come a time when there simply will not be any cure for these diseases and then what wil they do?

I had terrible experiences with STDs back in the 90s. I was so stupid. I caught gonorrhea, genital warts, pubic lice, everything.

MisterLove Wrote:I had terrible experiences with STDs back in the 90s. I was so stupid. I caught gonorrhea, genital warts, pubic lice, everything.

Everything? How did you survive?

LONDONER Wrote:I've just heard on the news that STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases) are seventy four percent higher than in the rest of the country and the section most affected is the under 25s. What is it with the younger section of the community that it is willing to take such risks?

The type of people willingly just having sex for the sake of it probably make up a huge part of that statistic. I used to live in London and seeing the amount of those in the council estates just giving themselves up just for sex was just rediculous, I'm not surprised that there has been such an increase.

I have an idea. Sex parties with no drugs and a plentiful supply of condoms and lube at the door?

Related topic:

Apparently gay men in Los Angeles are experiencing an outbreak of meningitis.