Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shalom
Sensei Wrote:Yes, so I've heard that that's typical over there. When I payed a visit to the UK a while back it rained the whole time I was there. Took a bit getting used to it.

I love the rain its so relaxing haha. When we do get sun then its awesome! But lately the rain seems to win - its easy to adapt just pretend you are a duck Smile
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Marky Wrote:I'd love to see a hurricane I know that sounds a bit harsh but they are just wow.
In 2004 we got hit with three in a row with a 10 day break between them.
You would not have enjoyed it.
First, no power for 10 days each time. It was like living in the dark ages. And forget your phone---once it's dead, how do you charge it?
No hot water, so cold showers.
No cooking, except on gas grills.
No gas at the gas stations because their pumps depend on power.
Thousands and thousands of beautiful old trees uprooted, knocked over, blocking roadways and downing power lines.
Power lines falling into the streets and into puddles, turning them into little electrical baths. Watch your step!
No air conditioning (summer time is hurricane time).

Ugh.

Hi and welcome to the forum Smile

I can understand that I don't think it's something I would enjoy to be fair it's just something I'd like to see. Where you get those storm chasers I would love to do that just once just to witness something thy destructive. It's something we luckily don't have in the UK but it's fascinating all the same it doesn't seem possible? I'm not that clued up on them to be fair so unsure on how they start up. For all the destruction and pain they cause the images of them are breathtaking. Anyway I sound a bit insensitive so sorry about that!
[/COLOR]

Marky Wrote:Anyway I sound a bit insensitive so sorry about that!
Oh no, I didn't take what you said as being insensitive. It's just that the reality of something like this doesn't hit when you're viewing all the dramatic images. The reality, I'm afraid, is boring and terribly inconvenient. At least the roof on our house stayed on---the neighbors on both sides of us lost theirs.

Sharkspeare Wrote:Oh no, I didn't take what you said as being insensitive. It's just that the reality of something like this doesn't hit when you're viewing all the dramatic images. The reality, I'm afraid, is boring and terribly inconvenient. At least the roof on our house stayed on---the neighbors on both sides of us lost theirs.

Have you been there for many hurricanes then?
[/COLOR]

Sensei Wrote:Thanks Marky! Absolutely, you're invited.

OMG MARKY! IT'S ANOTHER MARKY!!!

Love,

Markie

hahaha

BlackCat Wrote:OMG MARKY! IT'S ANOTHER MARKY!!!

Love,

Markie

hahaha

It's the best name ever after all, haha.