Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shame on this church
I just read this article and I got so mad.

Justices hear case of anti-gay protests at military funerals - CNN.com

Not to mention about the homosexual part, protesting out side of a funeral and stated that the soldier was death as a punishment of God for fighting for a country that tolerates homosexuality is really immoral.

Quote:The church, led by pastor Fred Phelps, believes God is punishing the United States for "the sin of homosexuality" through events including soldiers' deaths. Members have traveled the country shouting at grieving families at funerals and displaying such signs as "Thank God for dead soldiers," "God blew up the troops" and "AIDS cures fags."

F*** jerk, I did not hate church and Christianity before reading this article. Now, F*** God and church, whoever it is.

Ah the infamous Westboro Baptist, this is one of the reasons why I'm so against (even intolerant, trying to be more tolerant... can't seem to do it) towards religion and Christianity. Fred Phelps is still alive and spreading his hatred all over America and other parts of the world. Why is he still alive? Yeah even if he dies, this bull crap will continue to go on. He really gives Christians a bad name. No wonder why I'm not a Christian and I would never convert to it. As an atheist for a long time, I feel I have no part of being in relgion. In fact, I actually stopped considering myself an atheist... well yeah, I'm a "nothing" and that's what I said as far back as 1991 (I was in 2nd grade, by the way). So really in a nut shell, I really have no views (check my profile).

Catholicism is really the worst, in my opinion. I can't stand any sort of organized religion. I remember there was a time when my ex and I were strongly against Catholicism and other religions. That was the man I fell in love with. He unfortunately got brainwashed by it again (he indicated to me he was brainwashed) and well during our harassment over a year ago, we were harassed by an atheist and that changed his view on atheism.

Yeah, to hell (no such thing) with WBC, Fred Phelps, their sheep followers and other idiots like them. There's no place in this world for them. It's the 21st century, hellllooooo! However, for the record... I do respect if you're religious or something. But please... do not be fundamental or hypocritical about it. Plus I don't need to be told to be converted to it. I have a couple of Christian friends, thankfully they do not preach to me.

This is not only about Christianity, it 's hatred, it 's criminal. What kind of people would go to someone's son's funeral to express their hatred, to bring more pains to other people. I hope they will be sued and all go to jail for hate crime.
Also, if God wants someone die because if his sexuality then I won't never need that kind of God.

I was expecting it to be Fred Phelps, he's pretty much an extremist and has actually done much worst. Most people besides his followers hardly pay attention to him and condemn stunts like this anyways. Every time I read anything that relates to him I get filled with rage so I just don't take it on anymore.

Him and his followers are just ignorant.

In the Bible ( which is a frictional book ), God told Christians that "LOVE THY NEIGHBOR". However, somehow the church reads it into "HATE THY NEIGHBOR".

Today, my homophobic politic professor said something in the beginning of class when mention about this protest like "these angry gayness". I had to try to so hard to yell at him "Jerk!". Also, he mentioned that in the US, it 's all about equality in opportunity. But he forgot to mention that the US people are denying the opportunity homosexual people to pursuit happiness.

One of my favorite quote from the comment for the article:

"There is not one single church in America that allows free speech.
Why should we give them the rights they deny us?"

I am a big fan of the Westboro Baptist Church, they give anti-gay activists a bad name, even within conservative circles.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Westboro Baptist Church and it's leader Fred Phelps are listed as a "Hate Group" by the Southern Poverty Law Center. And indeed, that is exactly what they are - a Hate Group.

They started out spewing their hate towards gays, but didn't get much attention from the media until they started protesting at the funerals of our fallen soldiers. Besides being a Hate Group, they are publicity hounds who make a living by suing those who attempt to stop them from exercising their Constitutional right of Free Speech.

It helps to know that Fred Phelps is a defrocked Lawyer and the members of his church are his relatives who are also lawyers by trade.

These unscrupulous people are using the Christian religion and the legal system as a means to make a living. They bring discredit to both, and I'd like to add that they bring discredit to the human race also.

You're a big fan of them? Uhh I hope you really don't mean that. :confused:

Cutieboy Wrote:You're a big fan of them? Uhh I hope you really don't mean that. :confused:
Read again what he wrote, QTB Wink

Fred Phelps may be an evil, vicious, self-serving homophobe, but his daughter, Shirley Phelps Roper, is a real piece of work - all the above and an out and out nutcase. How she has been allowed to keep her children is a mystery to me. The Louis Theroux investigation is a masterpiece of reporting.

Then there's the Michael Moore approach:

Then there are some members of the family who have tried to overcome their dreadful upbringing, but it sticks ...

Fred Phelps's son is an atheist: Running from hell - Trevor Melanson - RichardDawkins.net