Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shameless Trans storyline
Has anyone been following the American version of Shameless? In the latest series (at least the one showing here in France) Ian has come into a relationship with Trevor, who is a trans female to male who hasn't been all the way yet. Interestingly, the show goes into what such a relationship might be like, including stories with dildoes and how people can get sexual satisfaction trying new things.
It was both refreshing and honest, and I can't remember the last time I saw something that was portraying sex in such an ordinary but refreshing perspective. For once it was also portrayed as sexy and fun, despite Ian's reluctance to admit that he does have some feelings for Trevor once he finds out he's trans.
His womaniser brother, Lip, is impressed upon meeting Trevor, who obviously would have fooled him.

I'm glad the series has decided to include that aspect of pan sexuality in the show.
The gay issues are not just for shock value, actually, more inclusive, even if they might feel transgressive to some (but then, what is Shameless about if it's not about being transgressive)?) Some writers do a really good job on these series.

princealbertofb Wrote:Has anyone been following the American version of Shameless? In the latest series (at least the one showing here in France) Ian has come into a relationship with Trevor, who is a trans female to male who hasn't been all the way yet. Interestingly, the show goes into what such a relationship might be like, including stories with dildoes and how people can get sexual satisfaction trying new things.
It was both refreshing and honest, and I can't remember the last time I saw something that was portraying sex in such an ordinary but refreshing perspective. For once it was also portrayed as sexy and fun, despite Ian's reluctance to admit that he does have some feelings for Trevor once he finds out he's trans.
His womaniser brother, Lip, is impressed upon meeting Trevor, who obviously would have fooled him.

I'm glad the series has decided to include that aspect of pan sexuality in the show.
The gay issues are not just for shock value, actually, more inclusive, even if they might feel transgressive to some (but then, what is Shameless about if it's not about being transgressive)?) Some writers do a really good job on these series.

What season is that in?

I have only seen 5 seasons of the USA version down here.

I usually prefer UK versions, but Shameless is an exception.

[MENTION=24118]deephiance[/MENTION], I think it may well be series 7 actually.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1586680/

I didn't even know there was an American version of Shameless
An eye for an eye