Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shaved my Beard
Well to most just shaving your beard is not a big deal but to me lately its been bugging me a lot and getting on my nerves, as some of you know I just recently came out as transgender and since I want to be closer to my feminine side or whats in my soul I decided to shave my beard, something that I have had off and on since the winter when I worked at Telluride Ski Resort.

Having a beard is probably my favorite part of being a guy, some reason I just have always liked having a beard and found that was the only part I really really enjoyed about being a guy, also my baseball caps, lol. I mean I could still wear baseball caps as a woman and just be a tomboy sometimes, lol.

Though the forums that I belong to that cater to Transgender and Trans and what not they seem to be on the same page that I should shave my beard and at first I didn;t agree but then I started to think about it even more and if and when I decide to go see a gender therapist it would be strange to show up with a beard or if I go to a group meeting and I have a beard that is pretty strange and I don't think people would take me seriously so I thought that I should go ahead and shave it off.

Plus since coming to terms with everything I would look in the mirror and be like this thing needs to come off and yeah it sucks to shave everyday but iits something that I have to do for myself and yeah people might like me better clean cut than shaved or they might like the beard better I just have to do it for me. If everything goes in the way that I want it to go I probably will never have a beard again unless something changes in me and I decide not to transition and I just deal with being transgender without doing anything about it then it might come back.

The lack of beard changes your appearance A LOT and not in a bad way.

I like you both ways Jason...do you like it better? I know you said it helped keep you warm....

I was thinking about the trans label thing after the subject was brought up and I realized that for me you are the person who made such cool videos (loved them) and I see you as an individual who is transgender and it doesn't matter to me what you look like at all on the outside because you are the same person who made those videos on the inside and that is the first thing I think of when I think of you now....

I think you look great without a beard.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Conchita Wurst certainly has rocked the bearded look...and you were incredibly good looking in a beard....but I think you need to go without a beard as part of your own journey.

You look good without a beard Jason. Just be happy and true to your self. Smile

Good step for you as you long as you like it... and you look great Smile

well, i liked the beard better.

I am on the fence about the beard, sometime I liked having one and other times I would look in the mirror and it was just so wild looking. It really kept my face warm in the winter but I bought a pretty cool facemask to use so hopefully that does the trick when its really cold. Just gotta adapt to not having one right now and see where this leads. I just know that I cannot grow it back since that is against the policies where I work. You have to have it before you get here.

Occasionally I like a nice goatee... but I'm not a big fan of a full beard... on men or women. Wink