Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shaving (the face)
No body enjoys shaving. I have to shave daily because of my job, plus I just look bloody aweful with stubble.

Try having a shave after your shower Zet, bet it makes life easier Wink

But then I have to clean my face again :biggrin: Lol
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

no you don't, just dry it. Gels and creams have a moisturiser in it that is supposed to stay on your skin after you shave Wink

I shave before I start drying myself. Straight out of the shower, gel on wet face and shave.

But I have to clean of the hair I shaved of Smile But then again if you shave everyday then the hair wouldn't be that long Smile
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

I use a safety razor. Mine was manufactured in 1969.

[Image: 220px-Chrome-Safety-Razor.jpg]

Both sides have a blade. The blade is an insert:

[Image: safetyrazor.jpg]

The blades are cheap - real cheap, I pay something like $5.00 for a pack of 20 blades, each blade lasts a month with proper care. There are also sharpeners, the blades are typically stainless steel but now they have titanium.

There is a trick to shaving effectively with one of these types of blades. One you go with the way the hairs grow, not against it. Two is you go slowly and clean out the slot where the blade meets the handle/head often.

Shower, then shave. It helps if you use conditioner in the shower after shampoo. It is hair, it will respond to the same treatments as the head on your hair.

If you re not showering then wet a rag with hot water, wring to prevent dripping and hold up against the beard stubble for about a minute. After you shave use cold water (it closes the pores quickly.

I refrain from using products like aftershaves. Alcohol tends to burn too much and also leads to a bit of reaction (redness/rashness) for me.

If I go a month without shaving, then I use the beard trimmer to trim the bear back as far as the trimmer will get the hairs. This way the blades doesn't get gunked up and you are not fighting.

Gillette Mach 3 is the way to go, using Edge Gel for sensitive skin.

Shave cheeks top down, then from the jaw to the chin, then cheeks bottom up (one side at a time. Then from neck to jaw one side, back down the same side angling the blade towards the adams apple, same to other side.

Always a smooth shave, every friggin' dam day, LOL

I was just as lazy over the past year or two using a standard razor and a few months back I bought an electric shaver/trimmer it doesn't give you a clean cut but I just love that look anyway so it's worked out perfect for me.
My facial hair grows really fast like I'm the type of bloke that if shaven clean in the morning I'd have a 5 o'clock shadow that afternoon so when I finally did get to shaving it would take a fair amount of time and I'd end up with pimples all over my face.
Now with the $80 trimmer I hardly ever get a pimple and shaving takes 2 or 3 minutes it's brilliant.

I've been using the Schick Quattro Titanium. I shave every morning in the shower except most weekends. It also has a little edge feature I like for under my nose. I have sensitive skin and find these blades don't cause burn or bumps. I find the titanium blades last a long time. The razor I have is the Midnight edition (it's blue!) so you might like that! :biggrin: That was kind of the reason I selected this one. :tongue:

I have a little mirror like avidcyclist suggested (mine isn't as nice, might get that one for bf's place though). I started shaving in the shower to save time in the mornings but found I like the way the steam/moisture works with my skin. So, maybe give that a try?

So many of you are recommending the Mach 3 I might have to try that one.

azulai Wrote:The razor I have is the Midnight edition (it's blue!) so you might like that! :biggrin: That was kind of the reason I selected this one. :tongue:

thats so gay! Smile

Although I'm not exactly one to talk when it comes to facial hair since hardly any grows in there yet, (thankfully) I too have sensitive skin and well, the old upper lip, chin and neck are the most prone areas to razor burn/ingrown hairs and the like but I've found that usually, wilkinson sword sensitive disposable razors with around 4 blades on each in a pack of ten with that aloe-vera strip work insanely well! they're fairly cheap too at around £4 a pack (9 dollars) or there abouts.

I tend to shave or atleast shave what grows there :tongue: after a hot shower, tend to use the old hot towel, cold towel trick (google it, I'm useless at explaining it) and condition the hair with hair conditioner then of course apply some shaving foam, not the gel kind! the sensitive foam works best for me, believe it's from the nivea for men range as the gillette brands tend to make me break out in a god awful red rash of pain!