Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
She thinks I'm "her's"
For the past year, I've been friends with this girl who it turns out is really kind of a terrible person; she takes advantage of people, she twists things around, and she's all-around just selfish.

Also, she's extremely clingy and very possessive, especially with me, because I was the only "normal" person (in her words) that would tolerate her. She calls me "her gay boyfriend", and she kind of acts like we're dating.

I straight up told her that I just want to be my own person and that her possessiveness was driving me away, but I didn't tell her how awful and advantageous she is because I just don't have that in me, at least not yet.

But it's been weeks that I haven't been talking to her and she's still clinging on to me, I was already very up-front about this issue with her and she's just ignoring it. What do I do? Do I just tell her again how I feel? I'm thinking I should tell her about all the times she's been selfish with me and other people, just afraid of how she might react... wouldn't wanna f*ck up her mind more than it already is.

You need to tell her that you just can't provide the type of friendship that she's looking for.

If it has been weeks and you haven't been talking to her...I'm not understanding how there is any relationship at all......

If she knows other people won't tolerate her then she's clearly aware of her behaviour already. Sounds to me like she's bullying you. You don't need another chat about her behaviour, she knows and is ignoring your concerns because she doesn't think you'll really stand up to her and walk away. And that's exactly what you must do - walk away, cut her off. Don't be in situations where she is around and she'll get the message (and probably move onto some other poor sod!)

The interesting thing about life is it throws experiences at one for one to work through and learn from.

I'm afraid that this is just one of those things you have to muddle through. You already know what needs to be done.

What Bowyn Aerrow said.

And, speaking from experience, it hurts to do it.
I bid NO Trump!

Thanks for the reassurance guys, hopefully this will be behind me soon.

I went through this (kinda) years ago... it was not that extreme but she was very possessive when I spent any time with other females. In calmer moments she knew this about herself but it led to a big falling out. We're still friendly but don't hang out that much anymore.

I don't remember years ago this phenomenon of straight women wanting a gay man as an accessory. I'm completely useless in this regard ... have no fashion sense, don't keep up with celebrity gossip, and won't get you invited to good parties.