Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
She would have been 17 this month.
My ancient dog, Sirius has completed her life.

She passed quietly in her sleep. I am not going to bother with getting an autopsy because she was nearly 17 years of age. Would have been 17 the 22nd of June. I assume it was a heart attack or something. She didn't appear to suffer at all, just laid down to take a nap and went into a deeper sleep.

Her breeds (Black Lab and Rottweiler) tend to have a life expectancy of 12-12.5 years. Therefore I got a lot of life from her.

She was in general good to great health to the end. Aside from being a little arthritic in the hind hips she enjoyed good health and little pain.

I got her as a 8 week old pup, she lived here nearly all her life.

She was the worst dog I ever had, stubborn and untrainable, flat refusing to learn how to fetch. She could roll down hand crank car windows and the power ones.

As a puppy she ate three legs off my dining room table in a span of a half hour.

Because of her there is a lock on my pantry. She knew how to open the pantry door and get into the cereal. BTW she was a cereal killer....

She loved to hike, hunt and camp... pity we didn't do more of that later in her life but alas, I grow old myself.

While she was the worst dog I ever shared my life with, I fear she was also the best. A close companion to me.

Since I have rules about crying (I only cry in the shower), I haven't been crying a lot. I have, however, been taking a lot of showers.

Anyway, if I am cranky with ya'll its because I'm a mean old man who hates you - not because I lost a dear friend. That is the official story - stick with it please.

Bighug to you.

I'm glad to hear she didn't suffer.
WOOF!!!

Very sorry to hear that. I think you should allow yourself to cry whether you're in the shower or not. Seventeen was a good innings. Mmay I offer you a hug?
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

The sweetest stuff of life. Smile Thanks for telling us and sharing such a lovely character. I hope I'll have such a long time with my Sophie. She's a cereal killer too btw! Hugs bro. Remybussi
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend and family member. Hugs if you want them. Hands-make-heart

She was lucky to have someone like you. Bighug

BighugBighugBighugBighug

She's probably in some better place now.

BowynAerrow, I just had a brief quiet cry, without a shower.
You love well.

I've never hugged an elven person before, so I will now. *hugs*

Our Rupert is 17 going on 18 and is palliative now. I hope he goes in the way Sirius did.

very warmly,

-Doug

The sorrow from loosing a constant companion and loyal friend of so many years is heartbreaking. You did a good job of taking care of her, and were rewarded with many extra years together.

Your a good man.

Sincerely,
Jim Clark
We Have Elvis !!