Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shetlander here
Hi Guys!

Just a quick message to introduce myself. Just found this forum.
Any other Shetlanders here?

Hi Lerwick. Welcome to GS!!

Welcome

Hello, Lerwick.

Welcome Confusedmile: Hope you like it here!

hello Confusedmile: welcome. sorry i'm not a shetlander.

Hi Lerwick, Welcome to GS.What is this Shetlander you speak of?I am a Browncoat though...:biggrin:

Hi Lerwick.

Sorry, another non-Shetlander here.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Shetland is the group of islands north of Scotland. A Shetlander is someone who comes from thereConfusedmile:

There are only about 23000 of us, so perhaps not too many kicking around on this forum Cry Ah well! But at least you all seem like decent guys from what i've seen so far Confusedmile:

Hello Lerwick and welcome to GS. I'm in Geneva.
Well Lerwick, what's the weather like up there? Windy, I'll bet but temperaturewise? Is it any hotter than here? Freezing today (14°, about) mid June huh?
How long does it take to get to Lerwick from the mainland? Which way do you go if you have to join mainland Scotland or Edinburgh, or Glasgow, or the Orkneys or London?

Hi Princealbertofb.

The weathers not too bad today. Bit on the cold side for June, probably about 12 deg. Not that windy, but it can get very windy especially in winter. We're in the middle of the Gulf Stream which keeps the sea temperature warmer than you'ld expect and therefore keeps it mild in winter (downside is that it also keeps it mild - not hot in summer).
Been looking at the weather around Europe as I'm heading off for a wee jaunt in a couple of weeks. Looks pretty dismal right now! Hope it gets better soon.

How long it takes to get here depends on whether you fly or sail. There's a 12 hour overnight ferry from Aberdeen (6 hours from Orkney). 1 Hour flight from Aberdeen, about 1/2 hour from Orkney, 1 1/2 hours from Glasgow or Edinburgh.

Anything else you want to know, just ask!

Lerwick Wrote:Hi Princealbertofb....
Anything else you want to know, just ask!

First, you can call me Albert or PA. Both work for me... Yes, have you got any pictures of your islands? Do you live in Lerwick itself? What do you do in life? Is there any gay life in the Shetlands? Or are you feeling very lonely? Are you out to anyone?
That's just curious me; Don't bother to answer to any questions that you find annoying.
Bighug