Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shocked at a friends break up
Hey guys,

Is it normal to be really, really shocked and maybe a bit upset at a friends breakup? Like I'm not crying my eyes out or anything but I am quite in a state of shock. Basically my friends boyfriend has cheated on him a number of times while he was working away and well really I didn't expect it. My friend really loved this guy and looking at them they were an ideal lovely couple. I know there's that old saying "what goes on behind closed doors". I dunno maybe I'm a bit shocked at the fact that I modelled their relationship as the kind I'd want to have and be loving and stuff and this has shattered this ideal. I'm gonna be there for my friend because he's one of my best friends but dunno what to say.

It certainly isn't unusual to have a reaction like that, it just shows what a truely empathetic person you really are, which translates in to you being a great friend.

Bighug

Humans are capable of this thing called empathy. It means we can feel the emotions of another person - especially those we are close too.

I suspect that tied in here is a lot of your own fears/pain/hurt and potentials for the same mixed with your own caring for your friend.

It is a good thing being able to feel the pain of others and to have empathy and sympathy and even experience 'shock' and 'hurt' when others are hurt.

It's normal to feel shocked.Bighug

i think it says a lot to wear someone's ring and be their husband. You know considering how people are wired. What I am getting at there are reasons why people get married and why divorce is a bitch.