Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shooting at Florida gay club
meridannight Wrote:this is why i said 'properly screened'. this means that the door stays locked from the outside and the code is with the bouncer. this way, shooting the security at the door won't get you any further than the door. there is a possible scenario where he might be forced to reveal the code at gunpoint, but to prevent/circumnavigate this threat there are many other options available.

this is a simple solution that doesn't even cost that much these days. why places aren't already installing such security solutions is beyond me. but this is where things are headed if this trend keeps up. and it doesn't show signs of quelling.

O-M-G. Whatevia.

Is this what Europeans are all about?

No surprise.

Peace & Love.

Boaxy Wrote:Unfortunate. I just now heard about this story because I had a really bad nightmare last night and I been asleep all day and wake up to read about this. Sad

I hate being gay so much. Prayers to friends, family. Sad

Don't hate being gay. Hate the people who makes you say that. Love is beautiful.

I feel sorry for the victims, witnesses and their families.

Never hate who you are. Its times like this that brings our community together and no matter where we're from. We are all one community.

Boaxy Wrote:I would hope so.

I'm sick of this shit.

I'm gonna act even more faggy and feminine in public and not give a fuck anymore.

I also might or might not be a gun owner. Gays shouldn't have to worry about being murdered like this.

We as gays have to start defending ourselves.

Unfortunately the UK has strict laws on gun control. But I turned my body into a weapon. 2nd Dan black belt in Karate and I am starting to take up MMA so nobody would dare mess with me. Unfortunately a small section of the population think its ok to beat up on gays and its getting to the point where we had enough of this crap off a minority in society.

I think the problem with implementing gun control in the US is simply controlling all the guns. Say abolishing guns completely in the US would be very very difficult. Mental health screening might help but still, someone will slip through the system still get a gun and still kill people. Even if you made it completely illegal to own a gun or have a gun someone will always end up with a gun and that someone will almost always be using it on other people. Would it happen less? Probably, but I don't think anyone will be completely satisfied until all heinous crimes are extinguished. There are problems with the system, I think that is very loud and clear and that's just it, there's not a perfect system to keep nutjobs and radicals out of law enforcement or from getting a gun or committing crimes for that matter.

Sad that mass shootings have become the norm here and it is absolutely scary and fucked up beyond belief. Not sure if it is due to social media or if there's just something inherently wrong with society today. I was in 6th grade with Columbine happened and seems that since then it just happens more and more.

Somehow I think it is blind hate. Think Muslims are to blame? I see this crap posted by some friends of mine all most on a regular basis...

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...refQuery=/
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

ban guns, they'll use knives. thousands of kilos of drugs pour through our borders and ports, you think passing guns through the pipeline would be difficult.

Banning guns is pretty much pointless in the US. Gun control will never reach far enough, but might make it harder for some to get guns that shouldn't have guns.

Knives, well I seriously doubt someone with a knife could kill and injure over 100 people unless he's like some crazy jujitsu fighter or something. However, that being said doesn't really get to the root of the problem, like gun control. What the hell is wrong with the people doing this stuff? Mental issues, radicalization? What do you do about mental cases? Give them pills? Why all of a sudden do we have more nutcases these days?
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Well, I'd rather not get into the politics of this at the moment. He was a "known wolf" to the FBI. Working as a security guard. Failure to connect the dots.

Me, I'll stay armed, in several layers. But it's the mindset you have to instill first. Do you want to live, then most likely you need to stand up and fight. Can't wait for others, can't wait for the police. To many soft targets in the USA to harden, got to harden ourselves.

axle, I thought you made a good point... I think the point about gun control... Savannah Guthrie made a good point talking live with the AntiChrist... pardon me, Trump, in the last hour

The AR-15 assault rifle has no real use for hunting, it would tear the meat to shreds and hunters aren't using AR-15s for deer hunting. I live in Kentucky, this is a red state where people own guns and hunt. Why not ban AR-15s? What possible use does a military assault rifle have in someone's nightstand?

kindy with all due respect, it seems to me that axle made a good point that had the monster had a knife and started going batshit crazy it is far more likely that sane people would have been able to subdue him than with an AR-15, no?

axle, with all due respect, mental illness does not as I'm sure you know result in people doing things like this. there is a fundamental loss of humanity that has taken place and these waters run deep. as someone who has struggled with clinical depression and is on medication, I have since I was a child even had a problem with stepping on a spider, my parents used to have to teach me to kill bugs in the house... the thought of striking another human being much less mowing down a bunch of fellow human beings like dogs with an assault rifle, when I was watching this yesterday, I literally got ill and threw up.

Despite Trumps blame this morning on people who have "mental illness", I urge to not paint all people who struggle with chemical imbalances in their brain with a broad brush, and rounding them up into camps (Trump's implication, not yours).

Some people are truly evil. Some of them are mentally ill, but all people who deal with mental illness should not be rounded up and shot. At least not until Trump takes office.