Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shopping
I like online "shopping" - not buying though. I don't spend money, but I love to look for the best product (not the cheapest, but the best according to all kind of tests). I have been shopping this way for a new cellphone for two years now, for a tablet for about a year etc. Then I say aloud that I don't NEED anything and it would be better to not spend the money. And in a month I am back at "shopping"

Rolleyes But otherwise I am not dangerous... Smile

Shopping for clothes... no thank you, for food, no thank you. The only shopping I enjoy is for ice cream lol

I hate shopping and I fucking hate malls. I usually set foot in a grocery store once the panic from the starvation kicks in.

Krupt Wrote:Get in, ...................................., and get the fuck out.

Thats about how I like sex.
Evilgrin1

Because I'm plus sized, I find clothes shopping to be not only tedious but rather depressing if I'm not in a ridiculously priced specialty store. And even then the clothes are ill fitting most of the time and my mother shames me when I finally find something cute, but it's more revealing than what my mother thinks a fatass like me should wear.
So I'm learning to sew and I hope to be able to make my own clothes soon. I bought my first pattern and I have a lot of leftover muslin from a rennfaire costume I made that I will use to make the first test dress. In the end, I hope to make something that is both a casual going to the mall dress AND a major piece for my cosplay as Lumpy Space Princess from Adventure Time. With some luck I'll have it done in time for Anime Crossroads in Indianapolis in December.
But shopping, if it's not on Black Friday (the ONLY day I can afford clothes for the year) or I'm getting food with a pile of coupons, well, it typically ends in tears with my mantra changing instantly from "I can do this. I have what I need in mind/I have a list. I'm a strong, independant young woman with the curves most women strive for (woot for tiny waists)" to "Dear gobs why don't I have money!? And why was I born so FAT on my hips and why aren't my boobs bigger!?!"
It gets dark in my head when I'm shopping anywhere other than online where I can look specifically at my size, or when I'm at specialty stores during major sales...

Rae Wrote:Because I'm plus sized, I find clothes shopping to be not only tedious but rather depressing if I'm not in a ridiculously priced specialty store. And even then the clothes are ill fitting most of the time and my mother shames me when I finally find something cute, but it's more revealing than what my mother thinks a fatass like me should wear.
So I'm learning to sew and I hope to be able to make my own clothes soon. I bought my first pattern and I have a lot of leftover muslin from a rennfaire costume I made that I will use to make the first test dress. In the end, I hope to make something that is both a casual going to the mall dress AND a major piece for my cosplay as Lumpy Space Princess from Adventure Time. With some luck I'll have it done in time for Anime Crossroads in Indianapolis in December.
But shopping, if it's not on Black Friday (the ONLY day I can afford clothes for the year) or I'm getting food with a pile of coupons, well, it typically ends in tears with my mantra changing instantly from "I can do this. I have what I need in mind/I have a list. I'm a strong, independant young woman with the curves most women strive for (woot for tiny waists)" to "Dear gobs why don't I have money!? And why was I born so FAT on my hips and why aren't my boobs bigger!?!"
It gets dark in my head when I'm shopping anywhere other than online where I can look specifically at my size, or when I'm at specialty stores during major sales...

Im a fat guy, and Ive had major problems finding clothes. But you know...JC Penneys carries a LOT of nice stuff in my size (XXXL--only cause everythings made overseas now and they are not TRUE American sizes). They have CONSTANT sales too, and I find really nice shirts, shorts, and pants for under $20.00.

I used to work at Dress Barn for a part time job. They usually have some very nice clothes at decent prices.

Burlington Coat Factory usually has plus size sections too.

Have you tried shopping on Ebay? Or Amazon.com? There are TONS of clothes for big people, you just have to know where to find them.

Thats AWESOME you are learning to sew! Just be very PATIENT. Learning how to sew can be time consuming, but fun. You have to be careful and pay attention to what you are doing at all times. I used to make my grannys clothes when she couldnt go shopping anymore.

Is someone teaching you to sew? If not, there are TONS of sewing videos on Youtube.

If you ever need some tips, let me know!

MisterTinkles Wrote:Is someone teaching you to sew? If not, there are TONS of sewing videos on Youtube.

wow, I have never thought about looking them up on Youtube. Thanks for the tip!

Btw. it's 3:20a.m. and I am "shopping" for the perfect lens for my camera. And no, I am not going to buy any. Sigh Rolleyes

MisterTinkles Wrote:Im a fat guy, and Ive had major problems finding clothes. But you know...JC Penneys carries a LOT of nice stuff in my size (XXXL--only cause everythings made overseas now and they are not TRUE American sizes). They have CONSTANT sales too, and I find really nice shirts, shorts, and pants for under $20.00.

I used to work at Dress Barn for a part time job. They usually have some very nice clothes at decent prices.

Burlington Coat Factory usually has plus size sections too.

Have you tried shopping on Ebay? Or Amazon.com? There are TONS of clothes for big people, you just have to know where to find them.

Thats AWESOME you are learning to sew! Just be very PATIENT. Learning how to sew can be time consuming, but fun. You have to be careful and pay attention to what you are doing at all times. I used to make my grannys clothes when she couldnt go shopping anymore.

Is someone teaching you to sew? If not, there are TONS of sewing videos on Youtube.

If you ever need some tips, let me know!

I haven't been in JCPenny's in a long time, so I'll try them out :3 I get my shoes on Amazon and I'm currently eyeing a Lindy Bop 1950's style rockabilly dress on there. I'm saving up for it first, seeing as it's about 70 USD after shipping. After that, there are a lot of other amazing outfits that I'm eyeing. But first, that DRESS!!! lol
I'm a 4xl in women's which is so hard to find in stores, but I will definitely look into JCP and maybe Burlington. We don't have a Dress Barn around here though, but if they build one I'll check it out :3c
And thank you! My mom tried to teach me but she ended up tearing what I made apart and redoing the stitching since I can't sew in a straight line to save my life :T I'm thinking I might take a beginners class at JoAn's or Hancock Fabrics or maybe Hobby Lobby if they have any. I'll also look into the YouTube videos! Big Grin
I may message you for advice. One of my projects is making a pair of Nautical High Waisted 1950's PinUp Shorts (can you guess my favorite time for fashion?) and I can't find a pattern ANYWHERE! I'm thinking I might buy a pair from online and either add panels to make them bigger or rip them at the seams and use them as a base pattern to make my own bigger pair...Thoughts?