Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I Cheat?
megumidesu Wrote:if you were so hurt by it , i don't understand why you would offer it as a suggestion in the first place ...

Because I love him that much. If you love someone for so long, you will do anything for him/her. Even if, sometimes, it threatens to break your heart.

I was monogamous with my first husband and that was good with us but since then I only do open relationships because that just works out better for me for private reason. It depends on who the people are that are in the relationship and what they think about love, commitment and sex if open works or not.

Yes, do so, #YOLO.

Thanks everyone for all of the comments and varied opinions. I know that this post is old, but I felt like I had to put some closure to this question since this was my first post on this forum.

I have decided not to go outside of our relationship at the present time. My partner has given me permission to do so, but in further conversation has also told me that he would be hurt by it. That may seem ridiculous to some, but I can completely understand it. Logically, a person may see a course of action as a viable option, but emotions can be incongruous. We cannot always control our emotional reaction to a situation like this.

So, at least for the time being, I will remain in a monogamous relationship with my partner, not out of some judgement about non-monogamy or open relationships, but rather out of respect for my partner's feelings.

Next year we will celebrate our tenth anniversary being married, and twelve years of being together as a couple. We are planning a trip to Great Britain to celebrate. I love him more deeply with every passing day. He is not perfect, but neither am I. And I can't guarantee that our relationship won't change in the future. But for right now,
we are together, and that is enough.

Thanks again for everyone's input. I am amazed at how much insight can be generated on this forum. There are some exceptional people here.

megumidesu Wrote:if you were so hurt by it , i don't understand why you would offer it as a suggestion in the first place ...

jesus. isn't it obvious?

Aeneas Wrote:jesus. isn't it obvious?

yes . because other people have explained it to me rather than just speaking to me like i'm a total idiot.

I'd say, try it and see how you feel after. Communicate well with your partner and set rules and boundaries. Share time/emotion with him 99% of the time, and share your body with strangers 1% of the time. Sex is a basic human need, same level as food, water, and air. We're bound to have sex, in my opinion. You can have sex with others and keep your loving relationship with your partner. Communicate with your sex partners your current situation, so they understand, as well. We're all different. Sounds like you have a very stable relationship, in which a sex with a stranger wouldn't threaten your relationship that much. Having sex with others many even may even bring you closer together, knowing that he cares about your need.

I have health issues and I am only 23.. you don't see my guy running off... that's my two sense

Being in love with someone means not having to ask this question because you already know the answer.

To ask this question means?

I don't know... to me you really should not go out of the relationship for sex... If you are not happen with the person you are with then leave... don't cheat