Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I Phone him?
Nothing like the hair of the dog that bit you! Seems like the best way to get over a ex flame is to get a new flame! I think to be fair to the other guy you should tell him upfront about how you just broke up with someone though. Its a good litmus test to see if they are just interested in you or getting into your pants by how they respond.

KawaiiKitty Wrote:I think to be fair to the other guy you should tell him upfront about how you just broke up with someone though.

I dont agree. Sorry.

Im my experience the last thing a potential new bf wants to hear about is your previous bf. General rule of thumb is don't take any baggage from your previous relationship into the next one.

If your not ready to do that, then its too soon to be dating.

ObW
X

OlderButWiser Wrote:I dont agree. Sorry.

Im my experience the last thing a potential new bf wants to hear about is your previous bf. General rule of thumb is don't take any baggage from your previous relationship into the next one.

If your not ready to do that, then its too soon to be dating.

ObW
X

hmm I dunno *shrug* it worked out for me and my bf. He was just getting over his ex that had to move out of town suddenly. We met and hit it off pretty much because I listened to his problem and helped him through the heartache of losing his first love.

Hmm. I can't answer for anyone else, but I always want to know what happened in the last relationship to cause the break-up.

No I don't find talking about the past relationship day after day, week after week to be promising for 'Us' - but I do find it somewhat important to know about the past relationship(s) and how the potential mate dealt with it.

Of course my experience has been that most people boldly lie about their part in their past relationships and you soon discover that they actually did a lot more to cause the break up, or worse, that they are a total sociopath who feels no guilt or remorse for their part in the break-up.

I personally wouldn't get involved with a person who is only weeks or a few months out of a relationship. I prefer a guy who has had at least 6 months on his and has had time to work through the break-up.

Thanks for the advice guys. I phoned him we are going to be friends. I am still not over my last relationship and it wouldn't be fair on him to be the rebound boyfriend while I am still thinking about my ex. I will wait for a while before dating again.
An eye for an eye

At least your friends, and if somethings there (and its worth it) he will still be around. Though if you like him, really really like him, go with your gut instinct, I knows that's not the popular opinion, but anyway, Im sure you will do whats best. Good luck.

partisan Wrote:At least your friends, and if somethings there (and its worth it) he will still be around. Though if you like him, really really like him, go with your gut instinct, I knows that's not the popular opinion, but anyway, I'm sure you will do whats best. Good luck.

If people went with their gut instincts there would be no law and order in the world.... Wink

boing....boing....boing.....boing

That's the sound of rebound.

Just saying Wink