Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I adopt Arkansas as my home state?
Bluelight Wrote:Is it just me, or do some of the poorest ares have the best scenery?

It's because they tend to be less developed, I think.

Arkansota Wrote:The landscape is great... If anything, I'd compare it to Virginia without the ocean.

But, the reason why the state has such a poor reputation is because it's the 3rd poorest in the country.

Hmmmm...that's not the only reason...

Mike Huckabee and the lovely people who support him come to mind first. Do you intend to try to erase that from our collective memory or do you support him as well? When I think of Arkansas..I think of Huckabee..

....but...OK....

Bluelight Wrote:True, Vermont is awesome. I would totally live in Canada though, preferably in Quebec or British Columbia.

Well you're talking a mare usque ad mare, from one sea to another sea, but you're most welcome to move to Quebec, come to my yearly barbecue lol.

Arkansota Wrote:Yep. Abe Lincoln was from Kentucky but he adopted Illinois as his home state.

Don't make fun of me for saying that, my dad uses the term "adopted" in this context so I thought it was the standard term

Oh little dude you know me, while I can be very serious, scienty and just plain geek, I'm also a magnificent asswipe hahahaha. The word is fine, I was just pulling your leg and now you have one leg longer than the other LOL

I would like to adopt Sydney Australia. Does that count Big Grin

ObW
X

Arkansota Wrote:I know that I'm from Minnesota but the thing is, Minnesota doesn't really need representation. Everyone, no matter how far away, that I talk to has a positive opinion of the state. Arkansas, not so much... There are great things in Arkansas but I kinda feel like nobody is representing the state.

Arkansota Wrote:Yep. Abe Lincoln was from Kentucky but he adopted Illinois as his home state.

Don't make fun of me for saying that, my dad uses the term "adopted" in this context so I thought it was the standard term

Arkansota Wrote:Arkansas is really Southern, culturally speaking. There are tons of gorgeous mountains and valleys and the weather is soooo nice.

Arkansota Wrote:The landscape is great... If anything, I'd compare it to Virginia without the ocean.

But, the reason why the state has such a poor reputation is because it's the 3rd poorest in the country.

Unlike everyone else here, I know you a wee bit better there Johnny...

So when I see these comments I reflect on the past posts you have made where you confess your OCD nature was holding its death grip on you about this/these subject(s).

So... everyone else may thing I'm being an asshole when I ask this, but in light of the OCD nature you possess, I have to ask, are we feeding an obsession here or are you asking out of the top of your head in a casual/social way and if so will a simple yes/no answer be enough for you to decide and let it go?

:confused:

I shall presume the worst, as I am a pessimist by nature (no shame in that :redfaceSmile That you are starting on your Obsessive/compulsive cycle. If yes, please get yourself to a fucking therapist and stop coming up with excuses to NOT see a therapist. Honestly, a therapist is only as good as far as you use them, and Johnny, I love ya to pieces and I don't want you to make the huge mistake of wasting your 20's tilting at windmills like I spent my 20's. Get a therapist, get the tools to handle your obsessions. Please, I beg of you.

Now I shall presume this is a casual asking (unfortunately seeing hints of previous OCD topics you have started in all of the quoted bits above... Rolleyes and I even shed a tear too.... Cry)

But assuming this this a mild general topic started...

No Johnny, you do not need to be the representative of anything other than YOU.

Arkansas reputation is poor in my books simply because of Blue, who is Kat who is the woman wanna be homosexual man who really fucked me over mentally and caused me to view Arkansas as being the hell hole of creature where only armadillos, crocodile and other assorted monsters live.

Arkansas already has a representative who is not a very health one - well at least for me. Mind I personally struggle with the whole forgiveness of the other 2.94 millions souls who live in that blasted land that breathed life in such a creature as I got to spend time with.

That pretty nearly ended with my blowing the top of my skull off.... So forgive me if I have less than warm feelings about a whole state... I'm working on it - one bottle of vodka at a time. :eek:

Truth: I would rather you represent who you are, not a state of 2.94 million individuals who can be either sweet and kind such as your self or monsters born from the darkest, deepest pit of hell.

I do not represent California, nor the USA nor the planet Earth - no one human bean can possibly represent any segment, state, nationality or whole fucking planet, as there are way hella over 7 billion diverse human beans on this god forsaking planet that range wildly in diversity that no single entity can possibly represent all - even that character we call God.

So, Johnny - represent no state what so ever, except that state of what Johnny is - YOU and only you are who and what you can represent.

No matter how sane or insane YOU are.... that is the only one you are qualified to represent.

Arkansota Wrote:I know that I'm from Minnesota but the thing is, Minnesota doesn't really need representation. Everyone, no matter how far away, that I talk to has a positive opinion of the state. Arkansas, not so much... There are great things in Arkansas but I kinda feel like nobody is representing the state.

From my own outsiders perspective as a European, Arkansas has actually crossed my radar more than Minnesota has, probably due to the fact that I'm a History and Geography geek.

What I know of Arkansas - one of the Southern States that was part of the Confederacy during the civil war; Bill Clinton was the governor there before he became president, I'd also heard it was one of the poorer States but that it was quite picturesque with rolling hills and lots of forests, and possibly swamp lands too?

What I know of Minnesota - it borders Canada, and that's about it :redface:
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>