Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I be pissed about this?
So at the music dept. at my school there are practice rooms with pianos in them. You get a key from a lock box, which you open with a special card, and get access to a room. Today I was practicing for a while and then decided to go to another building and check my email (I'm waiting for some important emails... which is irrelevant to the story) so I left my stuff in the practice room, which I locked behind me, and went. I got distracted and ended up being away for half an hour. When I returned, someone used another key and got in the practice room. All of my possessions, my backpack, my jacket, my iPod, my school stuff, were sitting on a chair outside the room in the empty hall with a note on top, which I've included.

[Image: picture.php?albumid=713&pictureid=5906]

It reads: It is unnaceptable (their spelling) for you to reserve a practice room if you are not going to practice. Other students need to use these rooms too. If you leave for 30 minutes, please return your key and take your belongings with you. (Unsigned)

I knocked on the door and apologized to the guy for being away and he mumbled something like "Uh... I need to practice" and shut the door. When I showed the letter to a friend and told him what happened, they said I should report him to someone in the building for taking my stuff from a locked room and leaving it in the hall. There are signs all over the building recently warning that there are a lot of thefts going on right now as well.

Though I'm pretty sure, the way the note is worded, that this student didn't actually write the note. What I suspect is that he went to the main office of the building and complained that I wasn't in the room practicing, and one of the very mean ladies in the office (who don't like me) came, unlocked the door and tossed my stuff out and wrote the note.

So, what do you think? Should I complain to someone? I admit that it was wrong of me to occupy the practice room without using it for that long, but I don't think that justifies someone doing what they did.

Wade Wrote:So at the music dept. at my school there are practice rooms with pianos in them. You get a key from a lock box, which you open with a special card, and get access to a room. Today I was practicing for a while and then decided to go to another building and check my email (I'm waiting for some important emails... which is irrelevant to the story) so I left my stuff in the practice room, which I locked behind me, and went. I got distracted and ended up being away for half an hour. When I returned, someone used another key and got in the practice room. All of my possessions, my backpack, my jacket, my iPod, my school stuff, were sitting on a chair outside the room in the empty hall with a note on top, which I've included.

[Image: picture.php?albumid=713&pictureid=5906]

I knocked on the door and apologized to the guy for being away and he mumbled something like "Uh... I need to practice." When I showed the letter to a friend and told them what happened, they said I should report him to someone in the building for taking my stuff from a locked room and leaving in the hall. There's signs all over the building recently warning that there are a lot of thefts going on right now as well.

Though I'm pretty sure, the way the note is worded, that this student didn't actually write the note. What I suspect is that he went to the main office of the building and complained that I wasn't in the room practicing, and one of the very mean ladies in the office (who don't like me) came, unlocked the door and tossed my stuff out and wrote the note.

So, what do you think? Should I complain to someone? I admit that it was wrong of me to occupy the practice room without using it for that long, but I don't think that justifies someone doing what they did.

Your right they shoould have never left your stuff outside. just disrespectful. I wouldnt complain, but just let it go. No need for it to be a bigger problem than it is.

Yes, you should be pissed off about this. Their handwriting is terrible.

If it was someone from the office that wrote that note, then they should have left the note and taken your stuff to the office.

Was it signed? I could barely read it, and did not see a signature.

I would complain, in writing and verbally. Also let them know that whoever did this left the school open for a lawsuit, had anyone stolen your property from the hallway, as well as sue the school for any after effects...such as someone stealing your identity from your phone/personal belongings.

This note is unnaceptable.

Yeah. Moving your stuff out of the room was an inconsiderate thing to do. You have every right to be annoyed. But you still have your stuff so just let it go this time cause' there's no reason to make it into a bigger problem. But if let's say this does happen again, and hopefully it doesn't, then that should be the last straw.

If I had to pass sentence on this you would both be punished:

You for being very selfish and inconsiderate and he for taking the law into his own hands.
Two wrongs do not make a right!

Therefore if I were you I would learn from it and say nothing. If you complain it would only be fair that both of you would be admonished.

I hope you see it this way too?

loserguy Wrote:If I had to pass sentence on this you would both be punished:

You for being very selfish and inconsiderate and he for taking the law into his own hands.

Therefore if I were you I would learn from it and say nothing. If you complain it would only be fair that both of you would be admonished.

Of course I don't see it that way! I'm the good guy... obviously. I mean, I'm me, and he's him. So....

I seek justice.

loserguy Wrote:If I had to pass sentence on this you would both be punished:

Exactly HOW was Wade "selfish and inconsiderate"?????

He forgot to take his stuff with him. He didn't do it on purpose. Everybody fucks up sometimes.

But when it comes to someone ELSE'S personal property, especially someone you dont know, you just dont leave it out in a public area where ANYBODY can run off with it!!

They guy could have told Wade off for doing what he did, but that guy (or whoever) had NO reason put Wade's personal stuff out where anybody could steal it.

Wade's stuff should have been taken to the office, and a note left on the door for him, telling him that his stuff was in the office.

That's happened to me before here at my local college and I nearly popped a vessel, cause not only was my shit thrown out into the hall, my Viola, which is like nearly my life, was left in the case wide open and my bow just left any old way over it!

Gurl, I told my teacher and was like, kay now what the fuck?

I was practicing in her private room, only to find out someone else had come there thinking she'd be there to tutor them, and put my shit out, while I went to the Lounge Area for a snack (cause I like a lil snack )

I only wish my vulgar ass mouth could've said something to the person, but I had to let it go, cause they were already gone by time me and the teacher got there. (Cause they must have locked the door for some odd reason when I tried to open it and so I had to go get her)

Honestly Wadey, I wouldn't handle it how I know I would, only cause you and I are different persons, however, I think you have every right to report this, as this is your shit we're talking about.

You never ever remove someone's possessions, especially if you don't know them, and then even worse still put it in a place of easy access to others.

Had your shit been stolen, he/she would've had to have been held liable for it and I would've written a letter myself for you to print off, politely fucking them off <3 (But I won't sign it, just to be fair Wink )

And not only that, but I would've told the person, hey, you may need to practice, but don't just toss my shit any old place, kay?

Yes I may seem rude, but sometimes, being too nice is how people walk and shit all over you.

I want you to avenge both of us Wadey :p :hugs-and-kisses-smi

Keep us updated on how it goes when you decide what you want to do. I wanna know
Sheep