Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I break up?
Hello everyone! So I've been dating this guy for 2 months now and recently things aren't what they used to be. We only get to see each other 3 days out of the week. He's very affectionate and caring, and I've grown very attached to him. However, two days ago, we were hanging out at one of our friend's dorm room. We were going to make an ad for her on Craigslist to get her laid, but I digress... anyways, I saw that he had the 'Casual Encounter' and 'Man for Man' section highlighted. When I confronted him, he quickly became very defensive, and said he did not feel comfortable about me going through his computer. He explained that he did not want me to snoop around because I would let my mind wonder things that aren't happening. I told him I lost trust in him, and he let me snoop around his computer. I found out he still keeps nude pics of his ex's... Am I over reacting if I break up with him? Am I letting jealousy get the best of me? What should I do??

I'm not sure if I'm following about them being highlighted; is that like favorited? I guess I don't use Craigslist but is it possible he'd highlighted them in the past and they've just stayed that way? Also, I don't think it's wrong for him to have photos. If it bothers you perhaps you should discuss it but I think dumping him is a bit of a jealous over reaction, unless there were more issues. Personally I'm a pack rat type person so I totally would keep photos of exes tucked away on my computer, without it meaning anything to a new relationship. Good or bad, however things ended, he still has memories with those people and you can't change that. Now if you catch him j/o to an ex's photo, that'd be bothersome, but I do feel you shouldn't judge him too harshly just on photos.

Now if the Craigslist stuff isn't just an old highlighting and he's been regularly chatting with guys, that'd be of concern too, but I don't feel you have enough information to not give him the benefit of the doubt right now. I am curious why you are only able to see each other 3 days a week though? Perhaps more information would help with the advice giving but for now my instinct is don't break up with him; it sounds like things were good with him except for some computer stuff that might mean absolutely nothing.

Hello,
I am sorry to hear what you have found and i know i can agree with him stating he wishes you not to go through his computer... However the whole point of a relationship is its built on trust and trust is something that cannot be abused... l would personally and from own experience let things gho with the flow... You say his got nude pics of his ex... They are only pictures and to be honest if my partner was to keep nude pics of his ex i would think thats kinda sweet because it shows he still cares and its nothing harmful.. Based on what you have put it isnt wise to end the relationship because i think maybe jelousy may get the better... I will give you a motto to tell yourself and beleive in

His your partner not your possession all you wish is for him to be honest and trust worthy as you shall be towards him...

Have a think on that and talk to him calmly about things and then apologise for going mad to show him what a true man you are.. Have a hug and a kiss and just let things go with the flowSmile Otherwise ya may end up getting riddicled in jelousy and it go sour

Best wishes

Zeon x

I have to agree with the above posters, the eveidence seems pretty circumstantial to me. Also, I must admit, that I have kept a quite a few pictures of bfs from days gone by and there are a few of them that are clothing optional. Rolleyes Having those pictures brings a smile to my face but thats about it.

I don´t know if you should break up.... I have not enough important details.
What I see here is that your are jealous, nosy and hurt.... and that isn´t a good basic to act reasonable and well, to many points to make mistakes.
You should talk to your bf ...tell him what you think.. what you feel... and wait how he reacts.

And a important tipp : never touch a Computer from a friend or a bf ... it is his very private part.. and if you are jealous it make things more worse as better....
Today you snoop on his PC... tomorrow his phone, mails and messages .... and later his underware. You only hurt yourself..... If you think that your bf cheats you .. simple ask him ..talk about....
Jealousy is a self runner .... today you did the first step and someday you don´t trust anyone.
And you reach much more in a relationship with a long leash as with handcuffs

Thanks for the help guys! I just finished talking with him through Skype and we had a long discussion about the events occurring the past few days. And to answer Jbrowder24's question, I only see him 3 days a week because those are the only days our school schedule meet up. But we pretty much spend the entire day together. He lives and hour north of our school and I live 1 hour south.