Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I give him a chance even if I'm almost sure I'll never like him back?
Thanks everyone! I appreciate how you're taking time to be supportive even though it's no big deal! Smile

I agree with what's been posted. You obviously know how you feel about him and prolonging things aren't going to help either of you. Hopefully you can be friends still as you have been for the last year, but I'd say that's kind of up to him now. I hope for a good outcome but I can't see how you really have any responsibility in that at this point.

I must echo.....go with your gut and your first instinct. if it doesn't feel right....don't do it.

Mick

DON'T DO IT!!!!
I did it. I hurt the guy badly. It wasn't a very nice thing to do. :C

Usually, I would say yes.

But from your description this guy sounds "needy", so I would say no.

Tell him you love being friends and have fun when you do stuff together, but thats about it.

Hello,
I would highly recommend not going for it.. I would like to ask you if he was a self harmer would you give him a blade to slash his arms with til he bled to death? I dont think ya would you would want to be his friend and give him a hug. The best thing to do is sit down with him and say right this is how i see it.. I known you for a year and you been a great mate to me and a wonderful friend and to be honest i feel that it isnt worth risking that in a relationship. I am flattered and accept the compliments you have done but a relationship isnt what im looking for at the moment in life and i feel with us it will be a conflict of interest. If he starts getting really upset and emotional give him a hug and say come ere u silly sod u still got me as ya mate im not running away or freaking out so dont get upset because im still here by your side as a loyal friend which is better than nothing at all and if im honest i love you as my mate and my mates are like family so to be honest your like family to me... Now lets get a pizza and continue where our friendship left off

EVERYONE LOVES PIZZA!

One more vote against it. Guy is clingy, and he has serious issues using guilt to control you. Never follow a date with that kind of guy, they will hurt you more than you can ever hurt them. By the way, it's safe to come strongly against them, so they can understand your point; otherwise, they'll think they still have a chance. :rollseyes:

You did the right thing, and your friend is being unreasonable and immature.

Give him time and space and things will work out and get back to the way they should.

Thanks for the support everyone! Admittedly I was insanely flattered by someone showing me romantic affection like that, but there's definitely no denying that he's a pretty twisted human being. At least for the moment. If he allows it, I'd still like to help him, but as a friend.

You've been really great but I don't think there's any need for the thread anymore Smile

your welcome glad to be of service :-)